Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Remember all the doom and gloom in the clubs detailed statement? Seemed not to mention any of the good stuff coming our way, like if we finish in 9th again we're looking at an £808k improvement. Quite an attractive prospect for an investor, especially when removing £434k of benign debt for a "clean" balance sheet is insisted upon. Overnight the league and Motherwell becomes more much more attractive.

Nobody buy into any feigned surprise or ignorance to these facts.

Here's the inconvenient numbers:

SPFL

image.png.06c271f90d440b7bae3cfdf9285dc05b.png

League Sponsor changing from Cinch £1.6m per season to William Hill £2m per season, covered here: League Sponsor Announcement

Sky Extension and uplift from £25m per season to £30m per season with an additional £4m options to cover more games, covered here: Sky Increase to £150m over 5 years

Premier Sports announce 20 games per season for 8 figures (£10m?), covered here: Premier Sports 20 games per season

So total prize pot rising based on press by 58% above this season (or 73% if the Sky option is taken up).

image.png.3eb91e9dcf7eeac175b94714db267a9a.png

Percentages defined here (2018 but still the same): Percentage breakdown for final league placing, all 4 divisions, 42 clubs

UEFA

Then throw into the mix that for the next three seasons (club says 2) due to our league winner getting automatic CL qualification a 80% uplift on the solidarity payments (min £650k per season). If the 2nd place team do it through the qualifiers then it is estimated to be over £1.1m, (this is behind a paywall, why there's no link):

Screenshot2024-06-22at19_26_03.thumb.png.bdc1e2897ae55ea0b3f74a54b4c993d1.pngScreenshot2024-06-22at19_26_36.thumb.png.fccbfb6e87653458fc10d9facf2bf40f.png

Edited by Vietnam91

I for one am *shocked* that Obileye's "PCA" was a complete fantasy on the part of Livi fans (file them with Dundee in the unreliable info stakes).

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I for one am *shocked* that Obileye's "PCA" was a complete fantasy on the part of Livi fans (file them with Dundee in the unreliable info stakes).

Breathes huge sigh of relief.

On 22/06/2024 at 13:52, Vietnam91 said:

NB. I actually googled "How do you “professionally” ask someone if they are taking the piss?" to temper the language above and couldn't find a suitable alternative that encapsulated it sufficiently.

Should I be preparing a serious response or is this part of your stand up routine?

Also acceptable:

Am I supposed to take this at face value or is there a punchline coming?

1 hour ago, one m in Motherwell said:

We need a signing or two to liven things up.  A goalie next, please.

I saw this Tweet earlier and thought "surely that can't be right?"

but sure enough...

• Halliday (loan made permanent)
  • Balmer
  • Sparrow
  • Koutroumbis
  • Callachan
  • Robinson
  • Stuparević

For context, as of this date last year the only "signing" we'd made was erm...Obika.

Screenshot2024-06-24at11_37_42.thumb.png.6087f899b99ef2f5f80199e4415ec5e2.png

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

It's hard to watch Kettlewell tactics at international level too. Makes me sad inside.

I had a strong Motherwell vibe last night, hard to understand that we were top scorers (non OF) last season

Each to their own, but I found last night to be more peak Alexander-ball than Ketts-ball.

Kettlewell does try to attack, albeit in some bizarre ways at times and never, ever with wingers. 

5 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Each to their own, but I found last night to be more peak Alexander-ball than Ketts-ball.

Kettlewell does try to attack, albeit in some bizarre ways at times and never, ever with wingers. 

Aye, I'd agree with that. Ketts in the main feels like he has a plan, even if the plan isn't working.

A side with no wingers and no-one to play the #10? That's Alexanderball baby!

On 21/06/2024 at 18:34, Ill Ray said:

I mean, IMO, this isn’t really incorrect it’s just different scales. Look at how many interactions you see from Uganda fans on the socials for Bevis Mugabi. Celtic have a wide Japanese following now and a page on Twitter with significant followers. 

I think we had a young goalie from India training with us that resulted in hundreds of people from India following and commenting on the socials. The question is is there a way to convert things like this into revenue, which is not a bad question. 

I don’t think EB isn’t really too far off it with what he’s saying here just need to take in account scale will be smaller obviously. 

This is what should have happened with Danzaki as well - we did end up with a few Japanese followers but turned out Riku was dugmeat lol