Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

33 minutes ago, David1979 said:

As far as I understand, since it hasn't been clarified by the involved parties in any way, if the deal is approved by the Society, the Society will be obligated to fulfil its end of the bargain, which amounts to around £1.3 million over six years.

Failure to meet that requirement would be considered a default, and there would be some form of financial penalty attached. It might be that the rest of the loan (conveniently secured against the stadium) would be waived as a form of payment. However, once those funds are exhausted, I imagine it will involve some form of shares being transferred to Wild Sheep Sports to the value of the amount still owed.

I may have forgotten or misinterpreted but I don't think the Society have an obligation to buy, more a chance to buy a certain amount when the shares are diluted each year. The remaining money owed to them would certainly be converted into equity asap as Barmack clearly desperate to get that off the balance sheet, whether or not they took up their option through current funds I guess would be a matter for the new-look society board.

What wasn't clarified was who would be offered any shares the Society (or anyone else for that matter) couldn't/wouldn't take up each subscription. There's an assumption it's Barmack but I don't think that's been confirmed.

1 hour ago, David1979 said:

That's a key question I've asked several times without receiving a response.

As far as I understand, since it hasn't been clarified by the involved parties in any way, if the deal is approved by the Society, the Society will be obligated to fulfil its end of the bargain, which amounts to around £1.3 million over six years.

Failure to meet that requirement would be considered a default, and there would be some form of financial penalty attached. It might be that the rest of the loan (conveniently secured against the stadium) would be waived as a form of payment. However, once those funds are exhausted, I imagine it will involve some form of shares being transferred to Wild Sheep Sports to the value of the amount still owed.

I may be overly cynical here, of course, but no one involved has told me otherwise yet. I don't think the Well Society should approve any deal until this matter is confirmed in writing and legally approved.

A cynical person might conclude that the deal was constructed in this way deliberately, knowing the likely outcome. 

Of course if Erik is still monitoring the thread he could come on and provide reassurances to the contrary......

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Under Eriks proposal, I cancel my DD.

He can fund his own takeover.

I wont be the only one.

This was my initial take, but if the well society falls apart/lacks funds/loses influence where would that leave us? I think we’ll need a strong well society equally as much if the bid is accepted, because the alternative isn’t appealing. 

Really hoping it doesn’t come to that. 

26 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

A cynical person might conclude that the deal was constructed in this way deliberately, knowing the likely outcome. 

Of course if Erik is still monitoring the thread he could come on and provide reassurances to the contrary......

He's monitoring it alright, near enough every time I look down at the 'Recently Browsing' section his name pops up. Screenshot_20240702-1852192.thumb.png.f45d6b7b53f84ed731eac79f70a66180.png

15 minutes ago, Ceiling Granny said:

This was my initial take, but if the well society falls apart/lacks funds/loses influence where would that leave us? I think we’ll need a strong well society equally as much if the bid is accepted, because the alternative isn’t appealing. 

Absolutely this. Certainly for the first two years before the buyback expires.

14 minutes ago, Ceiling Granny said:

A strong fan group would definitely needed but there's no chance of it being the Society in current form. If Barmack wins, it's done. There's no way the current board could/would continue, no way the winners will staff it adequately and no way the losers will fund Barmack running the club.

I believe in the WS.

I happily contribute a small amount on behalf of myself and in my daughters name.

If the investment is voted through I am not sure I would be happy to continue to be honest. 

It'd probably be the next variation I'd end up joining to help save the club from whatever.

6 minutes ago, Randolphtops said:

Well having advocated taking the 'argument' out to facebook etc I have to now confess I didn't realise fully the extent of that challenge.

I give you this quote

' He will not have complete control, he needs 100% of shares for that'

There's a phrase about never arguing with idiots because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

I've started venturing out from the sanctuary of (relative!) sense that's hear but only in small doses, it's incredibly tough going.

Really bizarre the clubs socials haven’t posted the WS plans. Wonder if many fans will be persuaded by what they’ve seen about EB on clubs official channel and not caught WS’s 2 cents. 

Surely Wild Sheep will need to produce a comprehensive plan as well now for most people to even think about voting for it.

This vote gonna be more exciting than the general election.