Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

26 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

'Through gritted teeth, the executive board acknowledge the Well Society's vision...'

This part especially: "which include some initiatives that we are already progressing"

All exec board comms since McMahon announced his 'retirement' :

Trqz1i4-Ah6LMd9wBvE0DxS-wqs.gif.4d8e4f8c1d05dd3aa124a2ee16db9823.gif

Edited by For Your Pies Only

I'm extremely confused - The Executive board supports the Well Society's plan but Downie and Dickie couldn't support the "strategic direction" of the WS board. So what is it they find so objectionable? We are still no further forwards to why Dickie remains on the Executive board as a WS board representative? 

In my view, McMahon, Feely and Dickie's position are now untenable.

the board statement is something.

Be interesting to know what they have been working on, as we can't see it.

What do we think is going to happen tonight. how many different versions of 'why did you vote for this' will be asked of Feely? he will be there... won't he? he is still a board member.

I am also guessing the board will be asked, when is Dickie losing his seat on the Club board as he's no longer on the Society board? When and how can we force McMahon to stand down?

16 minutes ago, steelmen said:

the board statement is something.

Be interesting to know what they have been working on, as we can't see it.

What do we think is going to happen tonight. how many different versions of 'why did you vote for this' will be asked of Feely? he will be there... won't he? he is still a board member.

I am also guessing the board will be asked, when is Dickie losing his seat on the Club board as he's no longer on the Society board? When and how can we force McMahon to stand down?

I wouldn't be surprised if Feely doesn't show up.

If McMahon is unwilling to go of his own will (assuming that the Barmack bid falls), there would need to be an Extraordinary General Meeting called. Any shareholder has the power to all a meeting at any time, I believe, but I think it needs to be carried by a majority. So it's not going to happen without the Society's buy in.

Someone over on SO asked why it's not been done yet; my suggestion would be that effectively declaring civil war between the Society and the Club isn't a good look, given the current circumstances.

Edited by StAndrew7

2 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I think all that's happened there is Downie and Dickie's votes have been removed from the figures, given they're no longer on the WS Board.

Read like another vote on the 'negotiated' terms as they put it. 

So 6-3 original terms, then a 6-1 negotiated terms.

11 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Read like another vote on the 'negotiated' terms as they put it. 

So 6-3 original terms, then a 6-1 negotiated terms.

Aye, I've noticed there's a few sections which have been updated, this bit in particular is crucial to anyone who thinks Barmack's plan can work alongside the WS one:

We have also now published our plan for growth for The Well Society and Motherwell Football Club, Our Club, Our Future, which we intend to take forward should these proposals be rejected. These plans have been in development since the beginning of the year, with input from supporters, consultants, football experts and business professionals, and, having expedited the publication of our plans within the necessary timescales set by the football club, we are delighted to have now been able to share with members. Given the nature of a number of sections contained within our plan for growth, we would not be able to take forward this prospectus should the Wild Sheep Sports proposal be accepted.

Our approach to strategic investment, for example, would, in our view, be unworkable given the terms of the Wild Sheep Sports proposal. In addition, we believe the acceptance of the Wild Sheep Sports proposal would damage our ambitions to grow our membership and income as the original purpose of the fan-ownership model becomes obsolete. Our plan for growth outlines ways in which we can encourage investment while maintaining the vital financial safety net for the football club that the Society continues to be – as outlined in this statement, maintaining that crucial safety net would be impossible as a result of the Wild Sheep Sports proposal.

Edited by StAndrew7

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I'm extremely confused - The Executive board supports the Well Society's plan but Downie and Dickie couldn't support the "strategic direction" of the WS board. So what is it they find so objectionable? We are still no further forwards to why Dickie remains on the Executive board as a WS board representative? 

In my view, McMahon, Feely and Dickie's position are now untenable.

It's very weird that the exec board has essentially said, "yeah this is a decent plan". Yet folk were so upset they quit the WS board?

Shows how much input they had

32 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I think all that's happened there is Downie and Dickie's votes have been removed from the figures, given they're no longer on the WS Board.

I believe everyone would have been asked if they wanted to change their vote.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

We have Alex Rodriguez on trial in our pre season training camp in Poland. What was he like for you lads?

I loved crazy hands. He did the dirty work and put the boot in but was also good on the ball. I think he’s been injured for most of the last few years.

Just now, Lukovic said:

Loves a yellow card

I'd noticed that, he had 3 games for Forest Green Rovers this season, sent off for 2 yellows in the first and had yellows in the other two :lol:

To only get three games in that shitshow of a team is ominous. Still, a trial's a trial.