Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Any guesses as to who this is aimed at 👀

I'll never not be convinced that Glasgow City FC aren't a giant money laundering scheme that hasn't been found out yet

Looking forward to getting along to the Edinburgh game only to be told that I have her sister's graduation party to go to tomorrow from 2pm.  Then get told that my shifts have changed next week so I can now get along to Montrose with the kids . Tickets bought , Tuesday night road trip here we come ! 

8 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Drop the Colin shite or I'll barbershop window y'alls asses.

At least as a demographic, Colins seem highly engaged - the real danger is the folk that will be going to the game today that have no idea a vote is actually taking place. 

Also - sympathy to anyone in an 8 seat radius of Chairman Jim today. 

14 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Do we know if we're getting motherwell tv coverage of tomorrow or not?

There was a message (e-mail?) earlier this week telling us to log-in to make sure everything is still working. The game is listed but no details of it being video or audio only.

16 hours ago, Cloontang said:

I don't know if it was on here or SOL but someone had mentioned a grey and tartan number was expected for our away kit. Then a day or so later Dumbarton released a white top with a band across the middle with tartan created by Macron. 

Remember the Morton toffee-tartan?

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Is there likely to be any planned demonstration today? Not sure if it would be helpful or just a distraction from the game. But seems this is the first real opportunity to show our feelings......

Depends on your definition of demonstration. I fully expect the Bois and Block E to make their feelings known in the usual manner but beyond that (e.g. protests outside the O'Donnell stand), I personally don't think we're there yet.

There's no need to fan fires which are already burning pretty intensely, particularly when voting is open. It could potentially have the opposite effect to the one intended.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

At least as a demographic, Colins seem highly engaged - the real danger is the folk that will be going to the game today that have no idea a vote is actually taking place. 

Also - sympathy to anyone in an 8 seat radius of Chairman Jim today. 

Where do Derek's sit on the demographic scale?

Screenshot_20240712_195130_LinkedIn.thumb.jpg.10020e8c1846f74af6607c0f889d57fc.jpg

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240712_195130_LinkedIn.thumb.jpg.10020e8c1846f74af6607c0f889d57fc.jpg

I’d like to nominate myself to being the Derek’s back to par. Chuck in Derek Watson from the ‘Well Society board and we’re comfortably superior to the Colin’s. 

51 minutes ago, redstarcvedza said:

Some things change...some things stay the same...pies delivered for today's game20240713_085514.thumb.jpg.03fe1f4be468a91923e71815b0f95e20.jpg

Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

12 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

It's been a relief that most posters here are In agreement with the WS proposal, otherwise this thread would've resembled the old Indy threads and wider politics forum.

Not to split hairs but the vote is purely about the EB proposal, rather than for the WS vs EB.

Edit: I feel it's an important distinction to make as some still can't wrap their heads around the fact that a vote against EB doesn't mean saying no to all external investment, it's purely that this deal isn't right.

Edited by fat_tony

26 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Not to split hairs but the vote is purely about the EB proposal, rather than for the WS vs EB.

Edit: I feel it's an important distinction to make as some still can't wrap their heads around the fact that a vote against EB doesn't mean saying no to all external investment, it's purely that this deal isn't right.

The Well Society themselves are not anti investment either.

They are just anti THIS investment.

There's just so much wrong headedness in this whole process.

Ive yet to see or hear any argument for the pro Barmack/Wild Sheep side as to why they think this is a good deal for us.

All you get back is "because fan ownership doesnt work"

Edited by joewarkfanclub

2 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

All you get back is "because fan ownership doesnt work"

Aye, normally from the people who have been to 3 cup finals, on 6 European campaigns and feel like that isn't "success".

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who needs AI animation when we've got this wee gem. First game of the season as well, a good excuse to re-post it. (I'm not Ross Hogg btw - this was posted on SO years ago and I've always been fond of it)

Edited by CoF

8 minutes ago, CoF said:

Who needs AI animation when we've got this wee gem. First game of the season as well, a good excuse to re-post it. (I'm not Ross Hogg btw - this was posted on SO years ago and I've always been fond of it)

I went to school with Ross. Good guy. He’s done a fair bit of work with Duncan Cowles of Duncan and Duncan/A View From The Terrace Fame too. 

19 minutes ago, CoF said:

Id forgotten how good that was!

Thanks for sharing.

Got me right in the mood for the game today!

🧡❤️🧡