Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Tony Watt brace tomorrow with a picturesque celebration with him on the new East Stand Stairs ingratiating himself with the fans again.

Killie sure to take it easy on us to save themselves for their European campaign. 

Anybody had any bother buying tickets online for today.  Just had my tickets in my basket then timed out when trying to confirm after approving the payment  ?

Edit, never mind all sorted now . As you were.  

Edited by JamesP_81

For players/collectors of the flick-to-kick game this is up for auction in Glasgow this week. Compared to the prices you see on Evilbay...

On-line Buddhaing available.

https://greatwesternauctions.com/catalogue/lot/c36dedaa8d02d1d155b2133c3b7e49f4/ac869eb6fd0ab6f5ae3773f46ee09093/antiques-collectables-silver-ceramics-jewellery-pi-lot-478/

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's an extremely bizarre combination - subbuteo and perfume 😆

image.png.b18c80b0a4c75f248a310779cf33d1dd.png

"The problem Kettlewell has is beyond Miller, he doesn't have the personnel to operate a double pivot effectively, look at the heat map ...."

Screenshot2024-08-18at11_27_25.thumb.png.13b1fa7dc44568d9ed3e37b0d1b432dc.png

On 16/08/2024 at 17:02, Doctor Manhattan said:

I suppose that can happen to some people after a couple of poor seasons, and getting pumped out of competitions by Morton, Raith Rovers and Sligo, but I also suspect that most of these c***s were just born that way.

Been out in London, and Kent, doing life things, and not phone things. Was in the minority in that I saw both Sligo games.

Having watched Cork City several times, in hindsight, absolutely not surprised that we lost to Sligo; their mid season. Watching Maidstone United versus Truro City yesterday, there was little gap between ourselves. 

Sadly, the cheeks massively skew the coefficients. From Three to 42, the quality of Scottish football is awful, highlighted by the fact that we actually got to play Sligo. (Also, not a dig; an observation).

Hard to tell.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring in another left sided defender/wing back, but we’ll probably just sign another midfielder.

Although Watt and Tawanda should give us something to link upfront with the centre, which should allow Miller to drop deeper…

If Killie had lost on Thursday, I'd have said we'd no chance today. Instead, I don't think it's quite approaching 50-50, but I suppose it's not impossible they have half an eye on bigger fish and we edge it.

We will continue to struggle today though for the obvious reason that we simply don't - and will never - not struggle without seven or eight first teamers. The fact it's a cup tie with a potentially open qf draw makes no difference in that regard.

Which will certainly hurt SK because while you could excuse losing at St mirren at this stage last season (if not the performance), Morton was an 'upset' and today is arguably predicted because of injuries, three shite cup exits out of three is a pattern regardless of any circumstances/excuses you offer up individually.

18 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

1 upfront, and it being Robinson at that, without a Spittal type to support is going to yield hee haw. 

With Halliday and Davor trying to get up to support. A lot of sideways and backwards passing. 

18 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Turnbull not in Cardiff squad yesterday.

At the game today.

Could it be happening?

No.

Watching this would probably put him off even if we'd a lottery winner backing his wages.

Plenty huff and puff, we have more of the ball but even Killie B are sharper than us when they actually get up the park and will no doubt edge this - we could play till midnight without scoring.