Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

We all had a dark giggle that you let us have Liam Gordon.

He wasn't "let go" tbf, I think he rejected us.

He needed a fresh start, much like Bair, and like Bair also wouldn't be performing the same for us as he is (presumably?) for you.

Being a Saints fan from Perth when captain of a struggling Saints was leading to some abuse that was far too much for a footballer to have to deal with. He needed away from it all for his own good and I genuinely wish him well. It was horrible seeing him struggling mentally the way he seemed to be last season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

56 minutes ago, McFadden said:

That was by far Andy Halliday’s best performance in a Motherwell jersey. Hopefully that knock he took before half time isn’t anything too bad.

The performance as a whole was absolutely brilliant and though our whole defence were solid as a rock today. Special mention to Ewan Wilson also who i thought did very well today. 

If we play like that this season then we will do well so hopefully we have some consistent performances like that to look forward to! 

Disappointing thing today was seeing young lads outside the Sailor Hunter having their tickets removed from them by a female steward for being unable to prove they were over 14. Heard them asking how they’d be able to get a refund if she had their tickets just to be told they’d get one. 

also, folk in the stand today who I don’t normally see around my area coming in demanding for the exact seat that was on their ticket. Mutant behaviour. 

How do 14 or 15 year old get ID? Is that a thing these days?

I’m a big fan of our new number 55. He’s pretty much the only player that can run with the ball and just adds that extra dimension to our attack. I think him on the left, Watt on the right and an other upfront could be the way to go in the future.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He wasn't "let go" tbf, I think he rejected us.

He needed a fresh start, much like Bair, and like Bair also wouldn't be performing the same for us as he is (presumably?) for you.

Being a Saints fan from Perth when captain of a struggling Saints was leading to some abuse that was far too much for a footballer to have to deal with. He needed away from it all for his own good.

Gordon has done well for us, he's a brick wall and throw himself in front of everything. He has a couple of brain-farts last week, and his distribution is honking sometimes but for the most part he's helped make us much harder to score against and that's all we need

2 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Fair play to young Wilson, I hadn't been convinced by him whatsoever but I thought he was excellent today. I'm cautious not to get to carried away as summed up by @Handsome_Devil but there's certainly a lot to be encouraged by in that performance.

He looks to be solid defensively, works as hard as anyone, and is clearly trusted by the manager to contribute over the full 90 minutes.  I think any idea of him going on loan can be put to bed, as there's definitely a place for him.

He struggles going forward, but I'd rather we had that to work on than making mistakes at the back.

2 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Nae bother, did you get a good view fae up the back. Your either a supporter or not, this Bobs a w**k pish, it's no our fault nonsense is getting boring. Those  who live by the sword, die by the sword, unless of course you sit in Block E, get a bloody life. 

I don't sit in the East Stand but nice try I suppose 🤷‍♂️. Enjoy your night mate🥱

9 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Nae bother, did you get a good view fae up the back. Your either a supporter or not, this Bobs a w**k pish, it's no our fault nonsense is getting boring. Those  who live by the sword, die by the sword, unless of course you sit in Block E, get a bloody life. 

You might want to take your own advice here.

1 hour ago, Londonwell said:

Few pints and a cracking day at the football. What’s not to love.

Days like that at Fir Park are fantastic.

100% this. Big SOD is f**king magic! 

Thought we were brilliant today.

That's the first time in about a year we've had such a convincing performance (not including Livi or Ross county as they were a bag of shite last year).

I was uninspired by Gordon's signing. But he is exactly what we needed. Decent, can talk to the other centre halves. He's been excellent.
Wilson was brilliant too.
Miller was poor I thought, until he again moved back and played his game.
Halliday was great and nippy, I think he played like he had something to prove. I don't think we'll see that from him regularly.
Robinson does things well but he is never gonna score. 
SOD was good today as well.
Wee Davor is great I love him.

Great win and as I said first time in ages it was so convincing.

As enjoyable game as any in recent years. We just looked confident in everything we did, and completely motivated to go for everything. All the new signings are contributing and for the first time in a while we've got good options on the bench, the starting 11 doesn't necessarily pick itself and yet we've still got a plenty with quality coming back from injury. Good times. 

24 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Grow up.

37 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Your either a supporter or not

Absolute nonsense.

26 minutes ago, Desp said:

100% this. Big SOD is f**king magic! 

Cannot stop laughing at us giving him a free roving role of "just be on the right hand side".

Great performance from the off today. Bright and inventive going forward, assured, confident and snapping into tackles at the back. Gordon is going to prove a great signing marshaling the defence alongside McGinn. 

Not a single failure on the park and all the subs played their part. Halliday's best game for us so far, SOD excellent, and young Ewan Wilson really starting to impress. Hopefully he can be the next academy graduate to nail down a regular starting slot.

On early evidence, and especially once the injury list clears, I'm quietly optimistic that this could turn out a decent season.

Well that was just a good old fashioned fun day at the football. As mentioned, Halliday was like a man possessed until he went off injured, which benefited Miller as he was able to play his more natural game. Wilson had a few shaky moments and looked uncertain about going forwards but seemed to grow in confidence throughout the game, no doubt helped by his tremendous block on the line from Spittal and some excellent attacking play. The way he burst down the line, riding challenges to win the free kick for the second(?) goal was pure Georgie Gent.

Oh, and Tony Watt? I'm so happy he's back. The boy is an absolute shithouse of the highest order and just exactly what we need to help the ball stick up the right end of the park. His initial effort was a thunderbolt that I thought was going to knock Gordon into the net, but his peak moment was near the end when he carried the ball down the right wing from the halfway line with 3 Hearts defenders following him like lost puppies.

Special mention to the boy in the Cooper who spent the entire match shouting "poppadom wrists" at Craig Gordon. It wasn't catching on but bless him, he kept shouting it at every opportunity. Maybe next time eh?

1 minute ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Now he's 18 will Miller turn out next Saturday covered in footballer tats?

He started the game like he had been to buy his first legal pint or 4 . Definitely improved though and had a good game 

Thought Wilson was fantastic today. What an engine he has and grew into the  game really well.

f**k it, they were all fantastic today.

Took the wee fella today. He just loves it when we win. Or score even. 

25 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Absolute nonsense

Yes, you do speak nonsense. Presume you're not a supporter, just a moaner. Did we miss them today, 100% not, so as I said either support the team or don't. Next thing they'll be back with their footballs nothing without fans Tifo. Sorry lads, didn't miss you today and the atmosphere was terrific.