Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Screenshot_20181228-150530_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ba822837c116c821402d16542d99ac4f.jpg

Just saw the injury list. The 3 who were injured against kilmarnock are not avalable (no surprise there as they are head injuries).

Liam, Craig, Chris and trevor will not be available for the accies match as well due to injuries, wbilst main is supended.

Hartley is back in training and might make the match. Turnbull may also be fit for the game.

You can find the list Here.

38 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Screenshot_20181228-150530_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ba822837c116c821402d16542d99ac4f.jpg

Just saw the injury list. The 3 who were injured against kilmarnock are not avalable (no surprise there as they are head injuries).

Liam, Craig, Chris and trevor will not be available for the accies match as well due to injuries, wbilst main is supended.

Hartley is back in training and might make the match. Turnbull may also be fit for the game.

Main should be hammered for his stupidity on Wednesday, down to the bare bones and he's stupid enough to be sent off in that manner. 

4 hours ago, Swello said:

Yep - Bowman is a player that I liked as it was clear that this was a step up for him and he probably played in the biggest games of his career last season - hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Given that Robinson was unusually personal in his criticism of Main after the Killie game, I was interested to see if he is going to move on too as I'd imagine he is one of the higher earners...

I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on purely because he's out of contract in the summer and I don't think it's anywhere near certain he'd extend his stay. He was pretty non-committal in the press a while back.  IIRC we got Main on a free after he 'by mutual consent'-ed his deal at Portsmouth so unless there are obligations written into the small print somewhere there's no outlay for us to recoup. He's cut a frustrated figure for a fair amount of this season and he's always just seemed a bit of an awkward character generally so with Robinson being as critical of the forwards recently it's kind of opening the door.

In truth I always felt that the Bowman extension last season was as much about protecting the investment we'd made by paying a fee to Gateshead as anything. Looking at the fact that Bowman seems to be replacing Stockley at Exeter then getting the opportunity to write another sell on into a deal seems worthwhile. I mean, if Jayden Stockley can come good and get a decent money move out L2 then...who knows. Either way, if the money we get from the 'five figure' fee covers what we paid Gateshead then everyone wins.

In that respect if Main's not really up for sticking around and/or Robinson's fairly pissed off at his lack of return this season I could easily see both parties being happy at a move especially if it means we get to "protect our interests" with a sell on.

Edited by capt_oats

That's one short of a decent team. Any club would struggle with that sort of injury list.

6 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Is he an out-and-out striker or an attacking midfielder? 10 goals in 82 games (according to Wiki) doesn't seem overly impressive on the face of it.

Quite an interesting interview with him here. Has him described as playing left wing, striker and #10 which fits in with Robinson's recent interviews where he's been talking about getting players in who are a bit more versatile up front. 

His transfermarkt page credits him with 11 goals and 24 assists in 82 Championship games. 20 goals and 30 assists in 111 games in all competitions.

Quite an interesting interview with him here. Has him described as playing left wing, striker and #10 which fits in with Robinson's recent interviews where he's been talking about getting players in who are a bit more versatile up front. 
His transfermarkt page credits him with 11 goals and 24 assists in 82 Championship games. 20 goals and 30 assists in 111 games in all competitions.

He plays a massive part in a lot of our goals, most his game is decent, finishing needs some work but I think he’d be decent for yous if it was too happen. He gets an unwarranted hard time from our fans. Whether yous want to part with cash for him is another thing, can’t think of any players we’d take from Motherwell for him realistically.

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Forgot how much I fucking love transfer windows and nonsense rumours.  I'm sooo ready for this Dykes-McCormack strike partnership to fire us up the table.

100%. Fully hate myself for how invested I am in this sort of patter.

Spoiler

Bring him home Robbo.

_44413135_rossmccormack270.jpg

Edited by capt_oats