Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, weemac said:

I'd need to Czech but I thought he was Slovakian. 

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on the fact we loaned him from a Danish side. 

I dunno about anyone else, but I thought Klimpl was pretty shite.  His performance at NDP when he played at centre-half was painful to watch. 

I barely remember him to be honest - I recall there was a bit of excitement when he joined as it finally seemed we were getting the big German European centre half we'd been promised by McGhee.  The fact he was a midfielder is beside the point.

Did not get injured quite early on in his time with us and hardly play?

He was more of a cult than anything I guess. Crazy we won the fair play award that season, despite all the cards he and Coach picked up.

My abiding memory of his spell is that the game before the split, we could've got top six had we beaten St. Mirren and somehow McGhee managed to shoehorn Quinn, Hammell, Reynolds, Craigan, Klimpl and McLean into a 4-4-2 formation and we lost 2-0. I think it could be the most negative starting eleven I've ever seen us put out.

5 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe said:

He was more of a cult than anything I guess. Crazy we won the fair play award that season, despite all the cards he and Coach picked up.

My abiding memory of his spell is that the game before the split, we could've got top six had we beaten St. Mirren and somehow McGhee managed to shoehorn Quinn, Hammell, Reynolds, Craigan, Klimpl and McLean into a 4-4-2 formation and we lost 2-0. I think it could be the most negative starting eleven I've ever seen us put out.

A bold claim considering Stuart McCall spent half a season playing Fraser Kerr as a right winger.

On a full rewind to the whole Benteke thing...

IIRC this is the photo people were basing that shout on?

774C99F3-1A60-4D46-958B-7E0158C3051B.png

Largely irrelevant now given he doesn't seem to have stuck around but does yer man in the photo above not look a bit more like Jonathan Obika? Who also happens to be a World in Motion client (who we deal with pretty regularly).

_96829638_obika-bbcsport.jpg

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2017/july/jon-obika-joins-oxford-united/

We've also just signed *checks notes* Sherwin Seedorf

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

We've signed a distant relation of Clarence Seedorf. Good or bad, this will be some laugh. 

He's taken #16 #11 so that means both #12 and #16 are still free.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Seedorf is wearing 11?

According to the press release he's taking #16.

The 21-year-old arrives from English Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers on a two-year deal. He will wear the number 16 shirt this term.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/07/08/sherwin-seedorf-signs-for-motherwell/

4 minutes ago, CSmith said:

They’ve just changed that to be fair. On the initial announcement they had him down as #16, now updated to #11

So it seems. Let's pretend those last few posts never happened eh?

Edited by capt_oats

43 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

We've signed a distant relation of Clarence Seedorf. Good or bad, this will be some laugh. 

With Sloth already on board we could abandon actual scouting and just go for players with small-furry-animal-sounding names, like Thomas Lemur of Atletico Madrid and Weasel Dammers of Fortuna Sittard. (OK, it’s Lemar and Wessel really, but poetic licence, eh?)

It’s a shame Maarten Martens has retired.