Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

50 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Former Beneluxian footballers- lock up your brothers and nephews. Jonathan Benteke, Nigel Hasselbaink, Justin Kluivert, Jordi Cruyff - we are coming for you.

Only one i'd take. [/serious face]

22 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Jamie Murphy being linked to Blackpool. Wonder if Tanner and Turnbull want a pal?

I'm more sold on that than the Lafferty chat that was doing the rounds tbqh.

Make it happen Burrows.

I wasn't even a fan of Murphy when he was a Motherwell player, never mind when he's at Rangers and his knee is in multiple pieces. 

No thank you. 

I wasn't even a fan of Murphy when he was a Motherwell player, never mind when he's at Rangers and his knee is in multiple pieces. 
No thank you. 

That can’t be a commonly held opinion of Murphy amongst our fan base. Any particular reason why you weren’t a fan?

I thought he was a bloody good player for us, and he’s gone on to forge a more than decent career for himself. Don’t get me started on his penalty taking abilities though. I’m still haunted by his miss against Odense.

Former Beneluxian footballers- lock up your brothers and nephews. Jonathan Benteke, Nigel Hasselbaink, Justin Kluivert, Jordi Cruyff - we are coming for you.
Remember that time Jordi Cruyff caused quite a stir rocking up to Cliftonhill in his Bentley (or something similar) to watch Roberto Martinez play for us in a pre-season Lanarkshire Cup game?

It would appear this is the trialist from the Darlington game lads. Croatian, not Danish (and clearly not the guy I mentioned the other day).

Also, fun fact...he's not a winger. Seems he's a left back who can play left and right mid. Don't believe me? Read his Transfermarkt page.

It also appears that per the Tweet below he signed for Sepsi OSK (who are the same mob we got Ally Gorrin from) on 27th June but for reasons that are unclear he's not with them. Seems they're managed by none other than Csaba László.

1215908273_ScreenShot2019-07-09at21_24_48.png.c701a36b3354cd8b6a163a457c5f4ed6.png

There he is...

mert-muelduer-of-rapid-wien-and-christia

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 09.58.47.png

Edited by capt_oats

Just had a wee search on Instagram..Seems like he’s signed on. He’s got ‘@motherwellfc’ in his bio and his story shows him at Fir Park with the caption ‘my new living room [emoji460]️ ‘.

IMG_6490.jpg

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

his story shows him at Fir Park with the caption ‘my new living room emoji460.png️ ‘.

Throwing in the stadium for his signing on fee seems a tad generous. He'd better be good.

15 hours ago, dezz said:

That can’t be a commonly held opinion of Murphy amongst our fan base. Any particular reason why you weren’t a fan?

I thought he was a bloody good player for us, and he’s gone on to forge a more than decent career for himself. Don’t get me started on his penalty taking abilities though. I’m still haunted by his miss against Odense.

I assume I'm in the minority, aye, but I just never took to him.  Don't get me wrong, he was an effective player for us, he certainly was an inspirational figure on our run to the 2011 Cup Final, but I think I just got put into a rage too often after him having another shot on goal at 3.5mph.  He also blocked me on Twitter after I berated him for an quite shocking penalty against Aberdeen.  He remains the only professional footballer to have blocked me. 

He went on to prove me wrong though - I thought he'd never succeed in England due to him being too lightweight, but after a sticky start he did very well for himself.  However, with him now 30ish, and with only one working knee, him being back at Fir Park is not something I'm overly keen on.

I thought at the time that Murph was a cracking player, who had a natural ability to make a ball look like it weighed about 15kg right at the crucial moment. Made all the more frustrating by ocasionally smashing top bins from outside the box.

Edited by Al B