Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

48 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It wasn't a suggestion. It was more a point that we won't be able to play Polworth and Turnbull together.

it was also part of a bit. if Maguire's the ML1 Busquets to Polworth and Turnbull's Xavi and Iniesta then getting them on the park would mean Campbell would need to drop out.

I don't think anyone was actually seriously proposing dropping The Lanarkshire Kante from the team.

Edited by capt_oats

17 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

A Charles for being the first person to ever post this on P&B. I was beginning to think I'd made up the entire episode in my head.

Honestly, the hesitation he has just waiting to absolutely fucking BATTER IT is beautiful.

Also, am I alone in thinking Motherwell fans genuinely upset at Gallagher not starting tonight are miles oot or am I going daft?

Honestly, the hesitation he has just waiting to absolutely fucking BATTER IT is beautiful.
Also, am I alone in thinking Motherwell fans genuinely upset at Gallagher not starting tonight are miles oot or am I going daft?

I’m quite happy he’s not played tbh. Don’t want anything to get in the road of him cutting about Fir Park like a fucking Rolls Royce.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

You're not alone and you're not daft.

Don't get me wrong it'd have been nice for him and the club if he'd got a run out and IMO there's definitely a solid argument that he's in better form this season than Devlin but working yourself into a shoot about it - as I'm sure the usual suspects are? Nah.

In honesty his call up is already a fair concession to the Motherwell Hype Machine what with his undeniable baggage and everything.

As @well fan for life says let's not get him distracted from cutting about Fir Park like an absolute #baller.

Aye it's mental. I mean, with the amount of corners we had last night I reckon he'd have got on the scoresheet a couple of times, and as much as it would have been nice to see him have a 200% goals to games ratio, i'd still rather he was kept as far away from that shit-show as possible.

Some on here appear to be taking some sort of moral high ground....certainly appears the case. 

I am happy to admit (as I went to the game last night) that I was hoping to see Gallacher get capped and was fairly pissed off that he did not. Are Devlin and Findlay that much better players ? Is it too wide of the mark to think that Findlay started last night because if the team Clarke managed before Scotland.  

I will hardly lose sleep over it but I would rather see a Motherwell player capped over any other team. 

I'm pleased he didn't play. I want him as fit and as focused as he can be on playing for us and not running the risk of picking up injury whilst playing for another team and potentially attracting interest from would be buyers.