Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just watched the Parker fight.  Again he looked really sloppy with a poor defense and Haumono was terrible.  Joshua will have no problems with him as long as he doesn't get caught with one of Parker's wild swings or uppercuts (which are quite good tbh).

13 minutes ago, Pete Rockwell said:

Just watched the Parker fight.  Again he looked really sloppy with a poor defense and Haumono was terrible.  Joshua will have no problems with him as long as he doesn't get caught with one of Parker's wild swings or uppercuts (which are quite good tbh).

Got hit so many times, only positive I can see is he must have a half decent chin to not be buzzed off all those shots. Would definitely favour AJ though, Parker holds his left hand down so low just begging to be hit with that straight right. I watched it on mute what happened at the end did the other guy just give up? Didn't look hurt, decent uppercut though

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus Meridius said:

Got hit so many times, only positive I can see is he must have a half decent chin to not be buzzed off all those shots. Would definitely favour AJ though, Parker holds his left hand down so low just begging to be hit with that straight right. I watched it on mute what happened at the end did the other guy just give up? Didn't look hurt, decent uppercut though

From what I saw he got counted out but the ref didn't stop it immediately, went to the corner to tell them first and then went back to centre of the ring waving his arms. Was a bit strange tbh.

PBC card last night was a good watch.  Kyhtrov looked very good again and Derevyanchenko got Soliman out of there asap.

Great news about Watt.  A really embarrassing representative of UK boxing when it came to Sky shows that had an international interest.

41 minutes ago, Pete Rockwell said:

PBC card last night was a good watch.  Kyhtrov looked very good again and Derevyanchenko got Soliman out of there asap.

Great news about Watt.  A really embarrassing representative of UK boxing when it came to Sky shows that had an international interest.

Have you ever seen a boxer with as poor balance as Soliman? He was all over the place before a blow was even landed!

16 minutes ago, sjc said:

Have you ever seen a boxer with as poor balance as Soliman? He was all over the place before a blow was even landed!

Not sure it's so much poor balance as an awkward/elusive style that he likes to have.  He's always falling over and fucked his leg in the Taylor fight a couple of years ago for being all over the place.

Just now, Pete Rockwell said:

Not sure it's so much poor balance as an awkward/elusive style that he likes to have.  He's always falling over and fucked his leg in the Taylor fight a couple of years ago for being all over the place.

That would explain a lot.