Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

8e6d6b218fd9dc4cfe7aff45a3229add.jpg

Doesn't look ballooned out of shape to me.

Brook must nearly kill himself to make 147.

If he can lose 2 stone off that I'm in trouble.

17 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Maidana absolutely bodying Broner is one of my favourite moments of the last decade, and I'm a guy who a lot of good things happen to. Sublime.

Should go in to the Hall of Fame for the night alone. Enjoy. 6 minutes in is particularly great.

Remember watching that fight......was nice watching Broner get his arse kicked. He struggled with Maidana's left all night.

You hear of guys losing near enough 15 pounds in the few days leading upto weigh ins, might be exaggerated slightly but 16 in a month should be no bother

Last week the training tapers down and you can then cut the carbs meaning your muscles deplete of water/glycogen. Would lose a good 4 or 5 pounds doing only that. Then drying out by water loading and then not drinking for 24 hours before the weigh ok would let you lose another few pounds- more if you used a sauna.
My weigh ins were generally always on the day so could t afford to lose weight so quickly as had to be fresh to fight a few hours later but I've put on 7-8lbs in half an hour but just taking in fluids and food when straight after a weigh in if it was day before.
Even now when I diet for vanity I can put on in excess of half a stone easy by a curry binge. Similarly if I've eaten a power of food I can go to be nearly a stone heavier than when I wake up the next morning.

Will golovkin and brook weigh about the same on fight night then .do u think the chlamydia kid ?a thought golovkin would have been a good bit heavier

I don't know mate I think GGG walks about close to his fighting weight if so then he won't be much different.
Brook has probably filled up on water and food before that weigh in to give the impression he is bigger than he is to play mind games though.