Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Is that the same way he "ruined him", last time out by decision? Yes, it was clear, but Burns was in the final throws of his bout with Warren in the courts. Which DID "ruin him".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/30045000

I'm as big a Ricky Burns fan as there is, but let's not try to re-write history here, Crawford completely outclassed Ricky when they fought, and he's only improved since, it had nothing to do with personal problems or distractions, Crawford is just a level above Scotland's most successful ever boxer. 

Fingers crossed he wins this unification fight in April, gets the huge payday that he deserves at the end of the year, and then see how he goes from there. Regardless of how he goes though, the man's a fucking hero.

I think Selby's a great boxer but there's been loads of Haymon fighters that only fought once in 2016, been a big waste but I think they'll get it sorted.  The PBC line up for 2017 already looks very good.

Edited by Kool Keith

Firhill was a regular venue for boxing up until the 50s, crowds of up to 30,000. Here's a pick of Glasgow favourite Peter Keenan in the 50s. Any other grounds in Scotland that hosted bouts?

IMG_0187.JPG