Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Very good win for Taylor against a very tough and proven fighter. Every fighter needs a test like that, just like his promoter McGuigan had against Juan LaPorte in his last fight before fighting for the world title. Sadly I felt that McGuigan went downhill from there, hope Taylor doesn't go the same way.

23 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I would shoot any one that goes to a boxing show and then starts giving it “EASY EASY” when their favoured fighter wins

I completely share your sentiment.

But get one of your pals to flatten them with a washing machine instead. Easier to purchase than a gun.

Only caught the last few rounds of the Taylor fight, potentially our 1st top notcher for a long while, hopefully he doesn't go in as close the next time he fights a similar fighter, expending energy without managing to fire off meaningful punches will not be a positive when he steps up a level,  he looked terrific when he boxed at distance and when he moved in enough to fire off the punches that stopped the fight, it wouldn't have went the distance even if he hadn't have got the body shots away, the guy was a beaten man not long after I tuned in.

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Only caught the last few rounds of the Taylor fight, potentially our 1st top notcher for a long while, hopefully he doesn't go in as close the next time he fights a similar fighter, expending energy without managing to fire off meaningful punches will not be a positive when he steps up a level,  he looked terrific when he boxed at distance and when he moved in enough to fire off the punches that stopped the fight, it wouldn't have went the distance even if he hadn't have got the body shots away, the guy was a beaten man not long after I tuned in.

He certainly looks better he he stands tall and fires the quick straight punches but he hurt Vasquez a couple of times early on with body shots. Great test for him to come through. 

Taylor was brilliant last night that Mexican was as awkward as they come. Foot leather fight was tremendous just for the needle alone. Foot could've lost a point most rounds. Smith William's didn't live up to the hype. Scorecards again one draw and two in smiths favour one heavily. Probably edged it but still