Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Noticeable that they all go out their way to mention ‘His Excellency’ and Saudi Arabia’s amazing hospitality anytime they are interviewed. That guy Turki must be the soundest guy on the planet, not heard anyone say a bad word about him and all you hear is how amazing he is, nothing to do with the money he’s throwing their way I’m sure. 

It's probably because they're scared of being beheaded.

Posted (edited)

So much for Saudi fights being prime time in the UK.  I'd been up working since 6am, opened my first beer for the Hutchison fight so by the time we'd reached the Bivol fight I was asleep and missed the two HWs 😆

I'm guessing Wilder Zhang must've been well after 1am?

Edited by LargsTON

7 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Wilder will be fighting YouTubers very soon 

Okolie, on the Joshua/Dubois undercard? Not far off the same.😂🤣😂

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Shandon Par said:

Some good stuff on the Channel 5 show last night. Worth a watch if you need to cleanse your eyeballs after the football.

Speaking of eyeball cleansing, I routinely take a notion to go back and rewatch a fight i've ever never seen, or not in years. Usually the classics, just to keep my library refreshed. Watched Barrera v Morales 1 the other night. It was absolutely, form first bell to last, fucking magnificent. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Speaking of eyeball cleansing, I routinely take a notion to go back and rewatch a fight i've ever never seen, or not in years. Usually the classics, just to keep my library refreshed. Watched Barrera v Morales 1 the other night. It was absolutely, form first bell to last, fucking magnificent. 

It's still hard to believe that went the distance. It's hard enough accepting they managed 7 more rounds after battering f**k out of each other in the 5th

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's still hard to believe that went the distance. It's hard enough accepting they managed 7 more rounds after battering f**k out of each other in the 5th

I always knew there was a round from their 3 fights that always featured in "best round of all time" chat, but couldn't remember exactly which. As I watched round 5, I knew!!! Insane.

Some other funny takeaways from the fight video.... At the start they are sort of talking about Barrera maybe being past it. They mention that he went 43-0 before taking his first loss, they also mention that he is 11 years into a pro career. Its not until later on they casually drop in that he is 26 years old 😂

Also, I scored the fight basically the exact same as Lederman all the way through and despite a fantastic performance, couldnt see a Morales win. So I felt that was wrong. 

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Ben Whitaker really is an arse

The definition of hype job.  Easy on the eye but no power and will be found out before long.  Willy Hutchison would be a great match up and one he'd lose.