Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

10 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I didn't realise that Josh Taylor was on channel 5 tonight. Will give that a swatch.

Undercard on Spike right now, freeview 31, Connor Law in decent bout with a Spaniard.

At least 5/Spike seem to have their commentating sorted out. Decent comment from Woodhall on & about the fight.

In challenging his local rival, who also holds the WBC International Silver belt, Gavin will continue fighting at welterweight – the weight at which he was defeated by Kell Brook in May – despite having spoken of moving down to light-welterweight.

Gavin said: “The plan is still to go back to light-welter but because I got a good offer I decided to stay. It’s not financial, it’s three belts on the line, so I thought I’d stay up. It’s a good fight for Birmingham.”

:1eye

See if you combined the footwork of Loma, switch hitting skills of Crawford, hand speed of Khan and power of GGG it'd be close to describing Josh Taylor. 

In all seriousness though very impressive performance I've never seen Ryan dominated like that, although I thought the stoppage was a bit early

Taylor looked tremendous, the angles he sets up with his footwork are at such a high level. Very slick and has the power as well.

That, unsurprisingly, looked like a proper jakie crowd in attendance. Lots of overweight steaming middle aged women all in white screaming and obese bald men with ill fitting shirts hanging out all over the place. Edinburgh is murder for it.

Taylor looked tremendous, the angles he sets up with his footwork are at such a high level. Very slick and has the power as well.

That, unsurprisingly, looked like a proper jakie crowd in attendance. Lots of overweight steaming middle aged women all in white screaming and obese bald men with ill fitting shirts hanging out all over the place. Edinburgh is murder for it.

Both paragraphs spot on.

Where does Taylor go from here? Stay at this kind of British level for a few fights to try and get some rounds?

Edited to add: looks like Ohara Davis is calling him out.