Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Adams fight was a disgrace, getting a girl over two weight classes below just so she could get a stoppage. Embarrassing that the Leeds fans lapped it up.

Was a great homecoming for her #MOT

Would be good to see Warrington in with Selby or Frampton next but I think he's lost momentum over the last year or so. Crowd last night was smaller than I've previously seen at his fights and that was with a decent named opponent and affordable tickets.

I don't necessarily disagree that they'd beat him but the last four guys he's beaten are all fringe world level names who have either fought for or held world titles. Time to step up to world level now to sink or swim.

Warrington fight was ok.  Always quite liked him, he's a decent boxer and seems like a nice guy, but if we ever needed confirmation that he's fucked at world level it was last night.  Martinez has always been a warrior, glad he never got ko'd, but he's near the end of a tough career now and was quite a small 122 let alone 126.  Warrington just couldn't keep him away last night and made Martinez look like he still has a bit of mileage in the sport.

Edited by The Diabolical One

I'd rate him in that purgatory of being too good for Continental level, and not quite good enough for world level. Like a better version of Paul Smith, or someone like Isaac Chilemba. Plenty of money for him to make challenging Quigg, Frampton and Selby though.

Agree with what's being said. Seems a good guy and always brings an exciting crowd. Don't expect him to hold any of the real world titles though.

Edit: as for the actual fight itself last night, I missed the end of the 11th and 12th but enjoyed it up to then. Decent enough scrap.

Can't say he doesn't deserve it having rebounded from three losses by beating these top contenders

IMG_1494880533.689498.jpg

Eddie definitely has access to hard drives worth of dodgy photos belonging to the higher ups at the governing bodies. Some boy.