Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Winning 200 fights in a gym hall in Donetsk > Beating Manny Pacquiao, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Canelo

Still think ODLH beat Mayweather in that fight. Take your point though.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Winning 200 fights in a gym hall in Donetsk > Beating Manny Pacquiao, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Canelo

In time he may prove to be correct but basing his assumption on amateur bouts(virtually a different sport) and pro records of a novice v a fighter who's unbeaten record includes wins against multiple hall of famers/future hall of famers seems nuts to me.

I just reckon that Floyd would do as he always does. Ruduce the guys hit percetange considerably and outpoint him easily. I love that people are trying to compare records though :lol:.

Floyd at featherweight/super featherweight was unbeatable....literally as well as figuratively. 

I just reckon that Floyd would do as he always does. Ruduce the guys hit percetange considerably and outpoint him easily. I love that people are trying to compare records though :lol:. Floyd at featherweight/super featherweight was unbeatable....literally as well as figuratively. 

You can only really analyse to the point of Lomachenko's career thus far, and if you're doing that, then their records aren't remotely comparable (this was the point I was making last night with the "coasts it" line talking about their records, not about the result of a potential fight). Discarding amateur careers, Lomachenko's first 10 fights have seen him become the fastest ever two weight world champion and beat 10 either world champions or championship challengers. Mayweather's first 10 fights saw him beat 10 jobbers and he didn't fight for a world title until his 18th fight. As I say, Lomachenko's professional career to date is miles ahead of almost anyone else in history at the same stage. There's just no basis to claim Mayweather would embarrass him, even at the level he's at now, let alone after another 10/15 fights when he reaches his peak.

In terms of a fight itself, personally think it would be an incredible 50/50, and no idea who would win it. One to file under dream matches. Hope the use of the terms "incredible" and "dream matches" are ok with the hyperbole police.

4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

You can only really analyse to the point of Lomachenko's career thus far, and if you're doing that, then their records aren't remotely comparable (this was the point I was making last night with the "coasts it" line talking about their records, not about the result of a potential fight). Discarding amateur careers, Lomachenko's first 10 fights have seen him become the fastest ever two weight world champion and beat 10 either world champions or championship challengers. Mayweather's first 10 fights saw him beat 10 jobbers and he didn't fight for a world title until his 18th fight. As I say, Lomachenko's professional career to date is miles ahead of almost anyone else in history at the same stage. There's just no basis to claim Mayweather would embarrass him, even at the level he's at now, let alone after another 10/15 fights when he reaches his peak.

In terms of a fight itself, personally think it would be an incredible 50/50, and no idea who would win it. One to file under dream matches. Hope the use of the terms "incredible" and "dream matches" are ok with the hyperbole police.

Paul Weir was a 2 weight champ inside 10 fights.

Floyd had 11 world title wins by the age Lomanchenko turned pro.

22 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

So what ? Mayweather was a world champion at 21 and was a far more experienced and accomplished boxer by the time he was Lomachenkos age. 

Eubank fight and Groves fight confirmed for Box Office as expected. Two PPVs in the space of the week seems an absolutely brainless business model.

Seems like Usyk fight is only on demand post fight. My excitement has died somewhat.

Kalle Sauerland made it out as though every fight would be live on free to air TV in the UK. Lieing b*****d.