Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Great scrap while it lasted. Fair play to Cox he was game and roughed Groves up but was so wide open to the counter most of the fight. What a finish from Groves though.

I doubt Eubank will be quaking in his boots at that performance. Really looking forward to that fight.

What do you base that on?

Groves is a shadow of the fighter he once was. Poor footwork, slow, low punch output and too easy to hit which will be shown up big time against someone with the workrate of Jr. Size is in his favour though, he threw Cox around the ring tonight and will be bigger than Eubank too but I can’t see how he does enough to beat him over 12 rounds.

Groves is a shadow of the fighter he once was. Poor footwork, slow, low punch output and too easy to hit which will be shown up big time against someone with the workrate of Jr. Size is in his favour though, he threw Cox around the ring tonight and will be bigger than Eubank too but I can’t see how he does enough to beat him over 12 rounds.

Better hope it's not the Eubank that fought BJS that turns up on the night then?

1st round KO by Charlo. Weird as f**k they have showed all kind of camera angles and you can't see the shot landing clean but Lubin was out the game. Completely scrambled him.

Ah there it is. He's caught him blind with an absolute beauty.

Edited by Neilly

Just watched the Groves fight. He didn’t look to great but then Cox set an unsustainable pace and was relentless in coming forward which is always going to cause trouble until the mid rounds and the work rate dies. The southpaw stance makes it also more awkward and difficult.

Eubank looks a superstar against plodders that cover up and allow him to work. Groves was doing a bit of covering up on the ropes last night but it’s not something I’ve seen much of in the past. He also carries enough power to keep Eubank respectful and stop him just charging in.

Eubank is a bully, he’s great against a certain kind of style but my money would still be on groves.

Anyone paying for that groves card? I’ve hardly paid attention to any boxing in weeks.

I am Absolutely scunnered with the full sport. They get a good initiative like this super series sorted and you think things might be changing for the better and the best will start fighting for the best. Then they charge you to see it and put most folk off watching it, don’t attract any more new fans to capitalise on half decent match up and they destroy the long term health of the sport for short term gain. Disgrace.

It's only £9.95 ya miserable b*****d [emoji23]

Better hope it's not the Eubank that fought BJS that turns up on the night then?

The Eubank of then is a distant memory. He's a whole different animal now and improving with every fight. He'll win the tournament imo.

Stoppages galore on the undercard, the highlight being the forgotten Eubank, Nathanael Wilson. He took a beezer of left or the chin in the first round and it was game over. He managed to get to his feet for about the 8 count but his legs were all over the place, ref rightfully called it off much to his disgust once he finally remembered where he actually was.

Forgot about the Adolphe DQ, ref called break and as soon as they let go Adolphe hooked McIntosh and it was lights out. Adolphe acting like a complete c**t after the ref rightfully disqualified him.

What ever Eubank turned up against BJS was getting beat because he was up against a better boxer and a style he can’t deal with either then or now. Eubank didn’t lose that fight because he wasn’t at his best.

That is absolute bollocks. He was a novice then and it showed badly. Too many fans have a blind spot when it comes to Jnr. Ps I know the novice line has been wheeled out on a regular basis but that's only cos it's true. Let's remember you're the man that wasn't sure if Josh Taylor could handle a 34 year old, shot-worn Burns.

Jury's still out on Eubank Jr. The only semi decent (using the term loosely here) guy he fought beat him. Yes he's improved since BJS but he's hardly an elite fighter.

Fair enough I suppose. Once he wins the Super 8 he can validate that claim.