Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

We’re going down to it, cannot wait. Will be a quality fight. I’m edging towards Groves on points at the minute as I think he’ll keep Eubank on the end of his jab and catch him with the right coming in. A lot is being made of Eubank’s power, but he’s caught a lot of guys clean and not got them out, and they were smaller guys than Groves. If Eubank does manage to finish him it’ll be based on flurries and continual work rather than one big shot in my opinion, don’t really see it happening though.

Manchester is great for a day out too. Sure Kalle’ll have the VIP treatment sorted out for after as well. Some boy.

IMG_1614.jpg.d8875a5fd5cce662cc15b70131d6d5ac.jpg

Groves has the power advantage and the best jab. But Eubank has the work rate and far better fighting at short range.

It depends on how hungry and fresh Groves is. They’re similar ages and had a similar amount of fights but groves has operated at a far far higher level and therefore has more miles on the clock. His best days may be behind him whereas Eubank’s are just now.

It all depends on the distance the fight is fought at. Can groves keep him on the end of his jab and keep a high enough work rate to keep him from working his way inside?

I don’t rate Eubank’s power at all. Especially stepping up to super middle. Hoping for a Groves KO as I hate Eubank. He’s a p***k.

They've added that Ryan Burnett fella to the AJ card. Can't remember seeing him fight so no idea if that's a good addition or not.

Seen his last two fights and I like him. Decent fighter and plenty heart. Don’t know much about his opponent for this card though so probably a stiff...
The boy Tete looks the main man at that weight.

Eubank favourite this weekend at the bookies surprises me

Eubank looks so small he could almost pass for a welterweight in his latest training video. I've backed him to win from day one but I think the size advantage for Groves on the night will be overwhelming.

22 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

Eubank favourite this weekend at the bookies surprises me

I don't rate Eubank at world level even in such a light division but Groves just seems shopworn and even more prone to gassing out so even though he's the better boxer out of the two (who is the fighter I'd usually back) I'd pick Eubank to win.

1 hour ago, pittsburgh phil said:

At the risk of sounding like a yer da type, how do I order tonights fight? I'm on Virgin but have not used ITV box office before. Is it supported? Would pay for it on my TV but not to watch it on my laptop.

You have to do it on the ITV Box Office website. There was an option for Virgin when i looked at it yesterday. For Sky i just had to put in my Viewing card number and a credit card, i assume it'll be the same for Virgin