Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Put 6 pound on a draw at 33/1. Good old corrupt boxing. 

Couldnt believe he got up from the second knock down let alone continue. Then for some reason he was going for a ko at the end, he even pushed the ref out the way at one point to go for him.  

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Put 6 pound on a draw at 33/1. Good old corrupt boxing. 

Couldnt believe he got up from the second knock down let alone continue. Then for some reason he was going for a ko at the end, he even pushed the ref out the way at one point to go for him.  

Probably because he realised that he'd never leave the US with the belt without getting the KO after being put down twice.

Fury barely landed a punch M8 You don't score for jerking your heading while being a fat troll.

HB getting tumbleweed the first time so having a wee second go :lol: 

His trolling attempts are more telegraphed than Wilder’s overhand right. Embarrassing stuff.

Paulie Malignaggi was furious on the ShowTime coverage as well by all accounts, although this is the only clip I’ve heard so far

ETA: although tweet of the night goes to Terence Crawford who equated Fury getting up from the second knockdown to the Undertaker sitting up in wrestling [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

ETA: although tweet of the night goes to Terence Crawford who equated Fury getting up from the second knockdown to the Undertaker sitting up in wrestling emoji23.png

Tbf, given the absolute nick of boxing these days it is perhaps time to f**k this thread into a sub-forum with the Wrestling. Staged scraps at press conferences, piss-poor trash talking and risible decisions like last night's make the whole thing a fucking farce :lol: 

His trolling attempts are more telegraphed than Wilder’s overhand right. Embarrassing stuff.

Paulie Malignaggi was furious on the ShowTime coverage as well by all accounts, although this is the only clip I’ve heard so far

ETA: although tweet of the night goes to Terence Crawford who equated Fury getting up from the second knockdown to the Undertaker sitting up in wrestling [emoji23]

Well it did look like wilder did the cutthroat gesture as he turns away from the knockdown [emoji23]

I was watching the showtime coverage and I don’t think Paulie spoke again.
Fury channeling Snatch with that recovery. Wilder is obviously very limited  but he still twice dropped a guy three stone heavier than him who was outclassing him. Plus I had a whole quid on the draw at 25/1 so that paid for the PPV so not complaining about the draw.

Wilder has been putting folk 3 stone heavier away no bother regularly though (I haven’t checked the weights of all his opponents so this might not be accurate, but you get the idea, he’s always knocking folk out)
The draw is understandable but the 115-111 card is ridiculous. I had even over what I saw (I missed a bit of the 5th and all the 6th & 7th) taking the 10-8’s in to account. The furious one will tidy all this up come the rematch.
Ps, Fury comes back, looks decent, stays undefeated. We got class scenes and a teckle rematch to look forward. AND BJS is down at least £20k.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

I was watching the showtime coverage and I don’t think Paulie spoke again.

Wilder has been putting folk 3 stone heavier away no bother regularly though (I haven’t checked the weights of all his opponents so this might not be accurate, but you get the idea, he’s always knocking folk out)
The draw is understandable but the 115-111 card is ridiculous. I had even over what I saw (I missed a bit of the 5th and all the 6th & 7th) taking the 10-8’s in to account. The furious one will tidy all this up come the rematch.
Ps, Fury comes back, looks decent, stays undefeated. We got class scenes and a teckle rematch to look forward. AND BJS is down at least £20k.

Forgot about that bet! Fair play to the judges. Hopefully the bookies buy them a drink to toast BJS.

Tbf, given the absolute nick of boxing these days it is perhaps time to f**k this thread into a sub-forum with the Wrestling. Staged scraps at press conferences, piss-poor trash talking and risible decisions like last night's make the whole thing a fucking farce [emoji38] 
The fight itself certainly wasn't a farce though.

(Although I wouldn't disagree about the rest)

He’s a total scumbag, but hope Adonis Stevenson is ok. In critical condition in intensive care after getting knocked out by Gvodzyk last night.

On a lighter note,I cannot stop watching Wilder celebrating and then realising Fury’s somehow defied the laws of reality to get back up [emoji23]

Just finished watching it on repeat. I had it bang level after 8 & 11, the 10-8 final round saw me giving it to Wilder. It only needed 3 rounds, where Fury thought making Wilder miss yet doing very little himself, for the decision to go against him 114-112, in my eyes.

I thought BT's commentary was very pro-Fury. Understandable being the British fighter, but the only thing I agreed with was Barry Jones comment that "Fury's recovery in the twelfth, was reminiscent of Calzaghe".

Only himself to blame, as in winning his rounds they were clearly in his favour. He should have walked away with the belts, but is lucky to have the chance of a rematch.

Will surely kybosh any matchup with Joshua, for his April date?

Edited by kiddy

I had Fury by two points. I had him taking eight rounds to Wilder’s four.

The recovery from the Knock down in 12th was remarkable. He had no reaction at all by the count of 5, another ref would have waved it off there and then.

Without a doubt the most exciting fight Fury has ever been in. He was superb, but the time away did show. He will beat Wilder and Joshua with more preparation.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

Wilder is a worse boxer than i thought. Reckon Fury will make him look even worse the next time and Joshua will spark him.

Wilder is dire. Woeful jab, no uppercuts, no body work. Just the same punches thrown over and over.

It's a shame the Povetkin fight didn't happen years ago.

Just finished watching it on repeat. I had it bang level after 8 & 11, the 10-8 final round saw me giving it to Wilder. It only needed 3 rounds, where Fury thought making Wilder miss yet doing very little himself, for the decision to go against him 114-112, in my eyes.
I thought BT's commentary was very pro-Fury. Understandable being the British fighter, but the only thing I agreed with was Barry Jones comment that "Fury's recovery in the twelfth, was reminiscent of Calzaghe".
Only himself to blame, as in winning his rounds they were clearly in his favour. He should have walked away with the belts, but is lucky to have the chance of a rematch.
Will surely kybosh any matchup with Joshua, for his April date?

The rematch will hopefully give Joshua 1 perhaps 2 fights to further adjust and improve. On last night’s performance he’s certainly capable of taking care of Wilder; with Fury he’d just need to be incredibly patient and carefully outpoint him. Gotta admit, was impressed the way Fury made Wilder miss last night whilst getting his own jab off. He didn’t hold and spoil anywhere near as much as anticipated. Joshua would need to cope with his style and size without being reckless.
At least its put a bit of genuine interest back into the Division for the ordinary punter.