Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Will be very disappointed if we don't get to see Taylor fight Prograis. He's the only boxer I'm biased towards and I still think that's a close fight. Taylor would hammer Baranchyk though, he's wild. 

Thought Warrington would've taken the Galahad fight after Selby the IBF rankings are a joke he could easily do about 10 title defences in Leeds if he wanted. Got to hand it to him and Warren for taking on the Frampton fight straight after Selby. 

Was reading earlier that Richard Commey is injured and won’t be able to fight by April like the WBA mandated, which means there’s a very good chance that the best boxer on the planet could be fighting on these shores very soon.

Obviously he’d box rings around Crolla, but I would 100% be there to see big Vasily do his thing live and in colour again.

On 08/02/2019 at 21:12, Fraser Fyvie said:

Inoue fighting on the Taylor card in Glasgow apparently

Image result for talkhearts

He's knocking people out but who did he fight at 115 when all those match ups were there? He ducked all those potential fights imo. The McDonnell win was good but he was weight drained. 

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

More chance of him fighting me next.

:lol: You wouldn't put anything beyond the Sky/Matchroom team right now though, they seem to be all over the place and Hearn seems to be well out of his depth compared to people with much more experience at making big fights happen. 

Watched that IFL interview with Kalle and I'm still not overly convinced Baranchyk is going to fight Taylor. Kalle said they are in good dialogue with his team surely it should be confirmed one way or the other with the fight announced?

I see tickets going on sale billed obviously for Taylor's world title fight then later there will be a replacement for Baranchyk like Jack Catterall or some c**t as "dialogue" broke down in the end.

Edited by Neilly

6 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Eddie Hearn said the Wilder fight couldn’t be made, yet Frank Warren signed the deal in a week.

Anthony Joshua said he wouldn’t travel to America to fight Wilder, yet he’s going to fight Miller.

Think we can expect another thoroughly cringeworthy post fight speech from Joshua to try to gain leverage in the US market and attempt to manipulate casuals worldwide. 

11 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

It’s probably about building Joshua’s reputation in the states and making him more well known over there. Especially after Wilder-Fury.

They've been all over the place since the announcement of the first Wilder - Fury fight.

Although a robbery that draw's arguably turned out to be a good thing for Fury and his daft antics matched with an openness that actually seems genuine is perfect for the US market compared to Joshua’s wooden 80,000 people getting together in the one area stuff like they've just recreated Woodstock when half the crowd are getting battered on Stella and off to the bogs to sniff a gram or two. 

I don't like Joshua at all as a guy seems fake as f**k to me but this notion that he is ducking anyone really is nonsense. Not much the guy can do when politics gets in the way or his promotional team can't get the fight he wants.

No heavyweight on the planet comes close to the resume he has in terms of opponents dispatched. 

I don't really have an issue with the Miller fight as there wasn't much available.