Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

9 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

You've been raging about Fury for as long as I've been reading this thread kiddy. :lol:

Fury lives rent free in his head. It's some sight seeing a grown man have a multi year breakdown about a boxer. 

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

A 5-fight deal with TopRank is certainly worrying as it could block the Wilder and Joshua fights from happening. I’d be shocked if Wilder was the first fight of a 5-fight deal to be honest. If Fury starts fighting dross like Parker, Ruiz Jr, Stiverne etc then he can get in the bin. I fear the politics surrounding the big 3 at heavyweight is only getting worse.

Outwith those three, the rest have all been beaten. So you're going further down the rankings, or around the houses again.

The TV deals are going to get in the road, as always, of the fights the public want to see.

I fear the hopes, of an undisputed Champ, are heading off down the road for this generation.

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

You've been raging about Fury for as long as I've been reading this thread kiddy. :lol:

2 hours ago, JMDP said:

Fury lives rent free in his head. It's some sight seeing a grown man have a multi year breakdown about a boxer. 

He's an arsehole, with some pretty unpalatable views, who's ego has to be brought back into check.

He'd have beaten Wilder, comfortably, if his complacency hadn't got the better of him & landed him on his back, twice.

One good thing is that this should give more attention to the lower divisions.  The way some people have been going on about Joshua and Wilder the past 18 months you'd think there weren't any other boxers in the sport.  I'm as keen to see Lomachenko - Davis as Joshua - Wilder for example.