Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Vladimir Klitschko likely coming back with DAZN for 3 fights.
 Maybe Ortiz and Uskyk or even an AJ rematch (ie the ones that would be easier to make/ guys not tied in to ESPN/Showtime).

No interest in seeing a 43 year old WK two years out of the ring make a return. Call me cynical but seems to give AJ an excuse to avoid the real challengers a bit longer.

18 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

No interest in seeing a 43 year old WK two years out of the ring make a return. Call me cynical but seems to give AJ an excuse to avoid the real challengers a bit longer.

Suppose they’re going to have to drum up opponents from somewhere if the top few ranked guys are going to avoid each other. 

That the other 2 real challengers that have decided to avoid each other for the foreseeable and fight absolute dross like Brezeale ?

The politics of the federations with no one to answer to is disgusting really they just make it up and then change things with no explanation.

Ordered the Whyte and Brezeale fight but when Wilder is available they order him to fight Brezeale as Brezeale is now mandatory. Look at the resumes of the two fighters to have Brezeale mandatory over Whyte is farcical.

What you all have to remember regarding the post on Breazeale, is that H_B is a moronic troll who obviously isn’t getting enough attention in the politics forum so is trying his hand in here. Does not for one second believe a song word that he types.

Would expect Yarde to win fairly comfortably tonight.

Interesting that Dubois knocked out big Raz in the second round. Mind big Raz stepping in against Parker and taking him the distance when Parker was holding a world title in what was an almost comedic performance with all his theatrics. Parker isn’t great by any means, but Dubois obviously has something about him to keep banging guys out early as he’s stepping up in quality.

Good performance from Yarde who has lots of potential. He still needs a good bit of work defensively as he is far too open, and as such I certainly wouldn’t be putting him in with big Kov or another world/elite level fighter in the short-term As has been rumoured, but his shot selection, variation, power and composure are all excellent. A serious prospect if he can keep making the weight.

Yarde has quick hands and has good power.  Could really hear his punches landing crisp. The way he flies at folk though is crying out for someone to anticipate/time him and he’d get seriously rattled. Got belted a few times tonight but the big Romanian didn’t really have the power to cause Yarde too much damage.

I liked Dubois’ finishing combination. Must remember that one. Left uppercut to balls, left hook, left uppercut to balls, right hook. 

Yarde will get taken out by any live light heavy. He's caught too easy and that's against punch bags.

Callum Johnson and Buatsi would savagely knock him out domestically and Hosea Burton beats him as well.

He must struggle badly to make the weight as well when someone of ability takes him rounds he will be in bother.

18 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Yarde has quick hands and has good power.  Could really hear his punches landing crisp. The way he flies at folk though is crying out for someone to anticipate/time him and he’d get seriously rattled. Got belted a few times tonight but the big Romanian didn’t really have the power to cause Yarde too much damage.

I liked Dubois’ finishing combination. Must remember that one. Left uppercut to balls, left hook, left uppercut to balls, right hook. 

None of them were near the balls, both on the band that was high.