Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Read a transcript of the conversations between him and McCracken between rounds and it's strange stuff, he seemed shook like something happened during the camp. End of round 6 he asks McCracken why he's feeling the way he does. I'll try find it later. Ended up feeling a bit sorry for Joshua surprisingly, he quit in there basically. 

Dillian Whyte says it's because he can't get around the US drug testing as easily so wasn't on his usual juice. 

Read a transcript of the conversations between him and McCracken between rounds and it's strange stuff, he seemed shook like something happened during the camp. End of round 6 he asks McCracken why he's feeling the way he does. I'll try find it later. Ended up feeling a bit sorry for Joshua surprisingly, he quit in there basically. 
Saying he quit, is about the most ridiculous thing I've read in the aftermath of the fight.
He had beaten the count FOUR times, before the ref called a halt, but yeah, he quit.

Whether you like it or not it was a quit.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Who stopped the fight, the fighter, the corner? Oh, aye, it was the referee.

#Quitter

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

He was asked to step forward and refused on more than one occasion, in boxing that's a quit.

The ref let him away with it in the 3rd but he'd still be there asking him if he hadn't halted it when he did.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

Q "Are you ready to fight?"
A "Yes"
#Quitter

In boxing you put your hands up, he didn't, 8 year old kids know you put your gloves up or you're not ready to go, he was even leaning back on the corner rather than on his own steam.

In boxing you put your hands up, he didn't, 8 year old kids know you put your gloves up or you're not ready to go, he was even leaning back on the corner rather than on his own steam.

That may be so, but that's not quitting. That's why the referee took the decision to stop the fight.

In his opinion, the fighter wasn't in a position to defend himself & calling a halt to the fight was protecting the boxer.

Quitting, I haven't laughed so much in a good while.

5 minutes ago, kiddy said:

That may be so, but that's not quitting. That's why the referee took the decision to stop the fight.

In his opinion, the fighter wasn't in a position to defend himself & calling a halt to the fight was protecting the boxer.

Quitting, I haven't laughed so much in a good while.

The ref had no option but to call a halt, the fighter needs to be on his feet and raise his gloves as a bare minimum, Joshua had enough about him to say he wanted to continue but wouldn't do anything to get the fight restarted.

The ref had no option but to call a halt, the fighter needs to be on his feet and raise his gloves as a bare minimum, Joshua had enough about him to say he wanted to continue but wouldn't do anything to get the fight restarted.
I'm not disputing that. The accusation was that he quit! A laughable suggestion.

6 minutes ago, kiddy said:
13 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not disputing that. The accusation was that he quit! A laughable suggestion.

I'll be kind to him, he didn't really want to continue.

He was afforded far more opportunity to resume fighting than 90% of boxers get in his position.

Edited by ayrmad

I'll be kind to him, he didn't really want to continue.
He was afforded far more opportunity to resume fighting than 90% of boxers get in his position.

I'll be kind to you. That stands alongside winning rounds, by making opponents look bad, whilst not throwing punches .

The fact that every post kiddy makes in this thread is wrong shows it was a quit. Joshua even primed the ref for it after the previous knockdown when he started pushing his gumshield out at the ref as the count got closer to 10.

On the much talked about rematch clause. Eddie's maybe jumping the gun on a UK venue, should Ruiz want to take it to the altitude of Mexico City! He's already talking of taking it there.

The fact that every post kiddy makes in this thread is wrong shows it was a quit. Joshua even primed the ref for it after the previous knockdown when he started pushing his gumshield out at the ref as the count got closer to 10.
You should take your own advice, cause you're #ahead.[emoji6]

On the much talked about rematch clause. Eddie's maybe jumping the gun on a UK venue, should Ruiz want to take it to the altitude of Mexico City! He's already talking of taking it there.
All depends what the contract clause for the rematch says. I think Eddie will have make sure it's to be in the UK. Probably generate more money for both fighters too so it's a win win.

I am not sure, other than being an AJ fan, how anyone can say that something wasnt off with him. Il leave the Q word to one side, AJ didnt want to keep fighting. He didnt want to be there. At one point he was walking along the ropes neither throwing nor trying to avoid shots. It was bizzare. Totally frozen.

Its indusputable that the referee gave him way longer than is normal. Its also indisputable that he could have raised his hands to the referee and didn't.

5 minutes ago, ftk said:
9 minutes ago, kiddy said:

All depends what the contract clause for the rematch says. I think Eddie will have make sure it's to be in the UK. Probably generate more money for both fighters too so it's a win win.

UK rematch hasn't been stipulated apparently just Hearn coming out with his usual pish. No chance it's going to Mexico should take it to LA/Cali where there's the Mexican/Latino fanbase.