Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Having just watched it, AJ only has a punchers chance in the rematch, not even convinced that he'll have the stomach for a rematch.

39 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

What a clusterfuck of a post emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Mate, you described Ruiz winning because he had a "punchers chance" - think we can safely ignore you. Maybe ask uncle Eddie what your opinion is before posting next time. 

He was thoroughly outboxed and dismantled. Great viewing. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not at all. He’s got a great punch. Not a good boxer. He would beat Joshua though.

Joshua is not as good as you think he is.

£50, right now, Joshua beats Wilder if they ever meet. 

It's boxing. Nobody takes a punch to the head well in life. 
He will come back from this and destroy Ruiz easily. Its nothing more than believing he could cake walk it. 

Yes but there are numerous fighters who take punches like that and are not effected to the degree.

He may well come back and beat Ruiz but he will not destroy him because he if he does engage with him like he did last night the same thing will happen again and he will be picked off. Someone like Ruiz with good movement and hand speed will also cause someone with limited ability like Joshua problems.

Last night confirmed what a lot of people have been suspecting for a while that Joshua’s punch resistance and recovery isn’t great.

I'm sorry, are you claiming Wilder is a good boxer? :lol:

Where did he claim that? It’s generally accepted that Wilder is limited but he has a massive punch and if he connects with it like he has done numerous times in the past then the opponent is going down.

I still think Joshua would have a chance against Wilder but if Wilder lands one of those on his chin it’s good night. And with Joshua’s lack of head movement Wilder would connect eventually.

Just now, dundeefc1783 said:

Last night confirmed what a lot of people have been suspecting for a while that Joshua’s punch resistance and recovery isn’t great.

Nonsense. He's been put on his arse before and recovered excellently, by a much better boxer no less. 

Everybody is screaming that he's a no mark because that's what people want - failure. 

1 minute ago, dundeefc1783 said:

but if Wilder lands one of those on his chin it’s good night. 

Wait, are you saying if a man gets punched full force on the chin he could get knocked out? Groundbreaking news. 

Didn't watch the fight, but put £2 on Ruiz winning and won £30. Joshua seemed to be speaking too far ahead and Ruiz is a very good fighter having only lost once - controversially at that. So it wouldn't be the walkover many thought.

It'll be interesting if Wlad makes a comeback.

Lot's of people acting as if this ends Joshua's career, for me it just throws in another star to the Heavyweight boxing division and creates more viable match ups.

Lets say Ruiz wins the rematch - Joshua will then be more likely to fight Wilder or Fury and we're probably closer than we've ever been to a unification match happening with Ruiz as champion.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Nonsense. He's been put on his arse before and recovered excellently, by a much better boxer no less. 

Everybody is screaming that he's a no mark because that's what people want - failure. 

I'm screaming no mark because I think he's shite, one of the worst defences I've saw in heavyweight boxing and not a jot of improvement in it since day 1.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Wait, are you saying if a man gets punched full force on the chin he could get knocked out? Groundbreaking news. 

This is quite a good multi-post matchroom meltdown from you.