Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Super_A said:
There's been rumours for a while that Spence loves a drink, thought that might have been the case here.

Might well be. I doubt the lad I heard this stuff from would say anything that incriminated him or put him in a bad light.

I'm sure we'll get the full story in the next few days any way

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Doubtless. Hope the laddie makes it though. Him and Crawford should currently be defining eachothers careers. Instead we have this... Real shame. 

Can only wish him the best for his recovery. Whilst thoughts of him ever stepping into the ring again are now so far over the horizon it's not real, but do agree that this will rob the sport of boxing of a potential Undisputed Superfight at Welterweight.

9 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Spence has no broken bones or fractures. Lucky b*****d. A rare case of not wearing a seatbelt probably saving someone's life.

Fucking hell, even the gods want to see Spence v Crawford.

Can't blame them, tbh.

That straight left to the body is going to be draining for the big guys and he just lands them at will. Can see hws trying to cope with him being absolutely fucked by the late rounds. He does get clipped with jabs early on though and against someone like Fury or Wilder that could mean cuts. Terrific addition to the HW scene.

That straight left to the body is going to be draining for the big guys and he just lands them at will. Can see hws trying to cope with him being absolutely fucked by the late rounds. He does get clipped with jabs early on though and against someone like Fury or Wilder that could mean cuts. Terrific addition to the HW scene.
Straight power shots the the body are a wildly underused punch. Be funny watching guys having to defend against that. Specially against someone like Usyk who will then start to feint it too. Such a #lad.

Usyk’s footwork and pressure is going to grind down every heavyweight bar Wilder and Fury (the two most athletic other HWs), and Wilder won’t be able to deal with the variety of his shots and angles. Fury is the only one that I could see beating Usyk, I’d genuinely see him beating every other 9 times out of 10.

He’ll unify this decision.

Usyk’s footwork and pressure is going to grind down every heavyweight bar Wilder and Fury (the two most athletic other HWs), and Wilder won’t be able to deal with the variety of his shots and angles. Fury is the only one that I could see beating Usyk, I’d genuinely see him beating every other 9 times out of 10.

He’ll unify this decision.
Totally agree and can't wait to see him do it. For me against Fury the bodywork is the key to the fight. Fury has phenomenal head movement but the body is always there to be hit and he can break him down that way.

See the twitter experts are out with the nonsense about him not having the one punch power to trouble the top guys and even Tony bellew managed to land on him blah blah. These muppets need to realise there is a lot more to boxing than one punch and that Usyk has never been that type of fighter.

Totally agree and can't wait to see him do it. For me against Fury the bodywork is the key to the fight. Fury has phenomenal head movement but the body is always there to be hit and he can break him down that way.

See the twitter experts are out with the nonsense about him not having the one punch power to trouble the top guys and even Tony bellew managed to land on him blah blah. These muppets need to realise there is a lot more to boxing than one punch and that Usyk has never been that type of fighter.
The Bellew Usyk fight is a perfect fight to gauge whether someone has any idea what they are watching.

The Bellew Usyk fight is a perfect fight to gauge whether someone has any idea what they are watching.
Oh I know, for me it was an absolute joy to watch Usyk that night probably like yourself. Remind me it was bellew who won that fight wasn't it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh I know, for me it was an absolute joy to watch Usyk that night probably like yourself. Remind me it was bellew who won that fight wasn't it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Lol. Another one that got the commentators/fans creaming their pants before ending in a hilarious bodying was Canelo v Khan.

I’d quite fancy Usyk to stop Fury and any other big HW by about 8 rounds. Not necessarily by a big KO but with them being utterly fucked. 

Be interesting to see if he holds out for title fights (ie see what happens after Ruiz - Joshua and if he can get his mandatory or if there will be a Wilder unification, with the Fury Wilder fight getting binned) or if he’ll just grab what is put in front of him. Dillian Whyte would be a real marker for him and the sort of fight Whyte would take. Whyte has called him out before and says he’s too wee and that he’d just rough him up. 

7 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Usyk’s footwork and pressure is going to grind down every heavyweight bar Wilder and Fury (the two most athletic other HWs), and Wilder won’t be able to deal with the variety of his

You must have a different idea of athletic from me!

If Fury was 6 foot 2 no one would have ever heard of him. All he has is his size.