Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Are we expecting a Taylor win on Saturday?

Yes. Prograis is very good, but I have a feeling this could be another Calzaghe v Lacey. Taylor is possibly that good. He’s very skilled, has almost every physical advantage (will be huge on the night) and can be an utterly spiteful fucker in the ring.

Late Taylor stoppage (rounds 10-12) is 25/1, will be having a nibble at that. Think he could finish him to the body after working it from range for most of the fight.

52 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Yes. Prograis is very good, but I have a feeling this could be another Calzaghe v Lacey. Taylor is possibly that good. He’s very skilled, has almost every physical advantage (will be huge on the night) and can be an utterly spiteful fucker in the ring.

Late Taylor stoppage (rounds 10-12) is 25/1, will be having a nibble at that. Think he could finish him to the body after working it from range for most of the fight.

I think he may have to draw on the experience of that Postol fight to get by his opponent & like you say, might have to break Prograis heart in the same way Calzaghe did to Lacey.

Prograis can hit hard, but isn’t exactly hard to hit (as was seen against that Argie) and isn’t as quick or technically skilled as Taylor. Taylor beats him in every department apart from power where he probably matches him. Once Prograis gets hit a few times and starts going back in straight lines as usual it’ll be Taylor’s fight to win. The only worry is that Taylor gets involved in a brawl as he sometimes likes to do.

Great fight though, one that we as boxing fans should all be tuning in to.

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

Thought Taylor sounded like a classless arsehole at the face off/meeting today. 

I really want to like the guy, just cos he's Scottish and exceptionally good.

But every time he opens his mouth I like him less and less. 

He comes across as nasty moron.

You got your first look after the Ohara Davies fight, it was a nasty build up by both of them. But Taylor was so undignified in victory. It was sad.

That being said, I expect him to win via late stoppage or decision. 

15 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

See it just the same (maybe even stopping it in 8-9). Expect Taylor to drop him at least once with a body shot. Should be exciting anyway. Even if Josh could win it by being neat and doing it all on the outside you just know he won't. He will want a scrap and to hurt Prograis so will probably take a few big shots himself. It's what makes him exciting to watch. He just loves battering folk! 

I really want to like the guy, just cos he's Scottish and exceptionally good.
But every time he opens his mouth I like him less and less. 
He comes across as nasty moron.
You got your first look after the Ohara Davies fight, it was a nasty build up by both of them. But Taylor was so undignified in victory. It was sad.
That being said, I expect him to win via late stoppage or decision. 

In a very weak defence, Davies is a fucking p***k.
Chisora doesn't seem right in the head just now. I know he is up against the man with a lightbulb for a chin but I don't see it being anything like as clear cut as the odds suggest. 

Chisora will spark price unfortunately.
Anyone buying the PPV?

No, going out to watch it. Few pals are away down to it. Wasn’t really jealous until about now with their trip actually starting.

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Chisora will spark price unfortunately.

No, going out to watch it. Few pals are away down to it. Wasn’t really jealous until about now with their trip actually starting.

Just have a feeling Chisora is so unhinged just now he could do something stupid like get a DQ from punching him in the balls or nutting him. 

We were going to head down but Mrs is a bit crippled just now and we couldn't get flights to suit us so we'll have a romantic evening on the couch watching it. 

Just have a feeling Chisora is so unhinged just now he could do something stupid like get a DQ from punching him in the balls or nutting him. 
We were going to head down but Mrs is a bit crippled just now and we couldn't get flights to suit us so we'll have a romantic evening on the couch watching it. 

He’s never really been fully hinged though, has he? Theoretically, Price should win using the template from his last fight but I see Chisora being too wild to be as easily controlled.

Here is how the Price Chisora fight will go.

Price starts well, good with the jab, has some success.  Then about the 5th round he makes a mistake, gets hit and goes disorganised and is then brutally knocked unconcious. 

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

He’s never really been fully hinged though, has he? Theoretically, Price should win using the template from his last fight but I see Chisora being too wild to be as easily controlled.

I liked his open workout. Never mind doing pads etc. Just bring your dog in to the ring, hand out some gloves then invite folk from the crowd to do press ups.

I liked his open workout. Never mind doing pads etc. Just bring your dog in to the ring, hand out some gloves then invite folk from the crowd to do press ups.

Not seen it but sounds like Chisora all over. Not really sure the point of open workouts, especially for heavyweights.

Anyone buying the PPV?

Won’t be seeing it at all sadly, at a mates wedding. Was at the quarter and semi final too so any other weekend we’d have gone down for this as well, but sadly will need to catch a replay. Buzzing for it as well.

Speaking of the quarters, poor Ryan Burnett has had to announce his retirement. Was a complete freak injury and no one in the hydro had a clue what was going on at the time. Real shame for the guy.