Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Kash Farooq was down at my gym when I was in earlier tonight. Had his 3 belts with him and was getting his picture taken with the novices, letting them hold the belts etc. Was saying that he needs to go in for surgery on his eye/eyebrow because it’s been opened up in the same place in his last 3 fights, and has left a few little bumps under the surface of the skin. Matchroom have him pencilled in for August for his next fight to allow him to recover, and it won’t be against McGregor as they already have a different opponent lined up. 

He isn’t sparring at the moment due to the eye but he’s still down doing some bag and pad work, and he’s brilliant to watch. Obviously he doesn’t carry the heaviest hands out there but he still whips his punches in with some speed and accuracy. Spent 5 minutes just watching him as he went between two bags and he seemed to be working on a double right hook, one lightly thrown to the head and the second whipped in to the body. Such a down to earth character as well and will talk away to anyone about boxing. Tonight was the first time I had seen him since the Espinoza fight and I told him how good a display he had put on and how much I had enjoyed watching the fight, and his reply was ‘yeah it was awrite’. Hopefully he goes places in the sport and I will be able to tell people when I’m older that I trained alongside a world champion. 

Went to my school. Thought he was a bit of a p***k.

10 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Went to my school. Thought he was a bit of a p***k.

Well I can’t say I know him on any deep personal level as I’ve only had a chat with him 3 or 4 times in the gym, but I’m still surprised at that. He seems like a pretty reserved character, although it’s very possible he wasn’t the same when he was younger. What sort of stuff did he get up to in school that makes you think he was a p***k? 

Reckon Eddie got to the day of the weigh in and went "shit, we forgot to manufacture some needle for a Del Boy Chisora fight, anyone got any ideas to sell this fucker?"

Haye phoning him and giving it how long its gonna take, Parker and his team fucking about clearly not actually bothered about any of it... You have to admire the Fast ones commitment to the circus

Had completely forgotten that that was on last night and convinced myself it was tonight. Gutted. Will need to watch it on catch up as by all accounts it was a very good performance.

Not much I’m interested in with the card tonight and certainly won’t be buying it. Taylor v Jonas should be a good watch, but think Taylor will be too big for her in the end. Main event could be good, or could be fucking awful. Parker has never really interested me that much, and you just never know what you’re getting from Chisora. Could be a relentless monster, could be an uninterested dumpling.

Had a bit of smash left in the betting account so have gone for this
IMG_8875.jpg

6 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Had completely forgotten that that was on last night and convinced myself it was tonight. Gutted. Will need to watch it on catch up as by all accounts it was a very good performance.

Not much I’m interested in with the card tonight and certainly won’t be buying it. Taylor v Jonas should be a good watch, but think Taylor will be too big for her in the end. Main event could be good, or could be fucking awful. Parker has never really interested me that much, and you just never know what you’re getting from Chisora. Could be a relentless monster, could be an uninterested dumpling.

IMG_8875.jpg

Bivol has won every round but the fight is going to points unless Richards opens up. 

7 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

IMG_8875.jpg

Looks like poor wee Rosie is not getting a new bed then…☺️

Bivol has won every round but the fight is going to points unless Richards opens up. 

Looks like poor wee Rosie is not getting a new bed then…[emoji5]

Aye, Bivol was well ahead (scorecards were yet another home fighter shambles having them so close) and Richards used his size and length well, but was far too tentative. Rosie’s spoilt rotten as it is without getting the (rare) winnings from my gambling as well [emoji23]

I know he’s got a famous name, but shambles that Campbell Hatton is going to be higher up the card than a world title fight with a probable p4p top 20 fighter like Bivol. Not the kids fault at all, completely on Fast Eddie for taking advantage. Not smart though, IMO. Already makes it look like he’s going to get pushed purely on the basis of his dad, and more importantly, he’s still learning, let him do it without adding ridiculous pressure.

Speaking of offspring, enjoying this Morrison - Eubank fight, standard Eubank jnr, great in spurts, mugging and showboating the rest of the time and letting his opponent off the hook. Looks like they’re both preparing to open up even more as well though, which should be good.

Taylor v Jonas has been really good so far. Tough to score, but think I have Jonas one ahead after 7. Both landing well, but Jonas doing the slightly cleaner work in the last couple of rounds, IMO.