Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Rated as one of the worst players Port Vale fans have ever seen.

He's got to be number one contender for Tommy's usual January mutual termination I'd imagine.

Don't worry m9, Ryan McGivern was voted the worst EVER Leicester City player and look how he turned out...

Was Russell ever a viable option? Surely he'd require compensation or a fee?

Fwiw he only signed a one year deal this Summer, so will be available again next summer, but again, will require compensation

Who knows but that was the name I was told we were interested in to replace scobbie.

Here's hoping he proves worthy of replacing a guy who stepped up and did a decent job for us for 5 years. 

He's one of 5 senior defenders we'll be running with all season, so no hiding place for him. 

18 minutes ago, Widge said:

I'd like to think our ex international left back assistant manager would be able to spot one who's competent tbh.

Indeed. He likely recommended that we keep Scobbie at the end of each of his contracts. ;) 

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He's one of 5 senior defenders we'll be running with all season, so no hiding place for him. 

Appreciate what you're saying, but even if you discount Watson (and I wouldn't) we have 7 defenders over 21 at the club.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

By all accounts he has done very well in training etc and that's from some of the players who have been up against him. He will be on a lot less than scobbie so not going to impact the budget for the last two jewels......

It's all good guys on here. We trust and respect you.

What do you know?

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

From what I heard he was listening to all offers before made a decision. He was guest of the club in the game against thistle and was looked after very well along with his dad.

Ok thanks. 

So does Brown not sit down and say I'm going to offer Scobbie 35% less than he's on, there's got to be a good chance he will tell us to F off - what's your opinion Tommy? What do you think Scobbie was on? A grand a week? How cheap might the new guy be - £500 (all basics)? Will the budget not be formed with TW's input?

If it's all a total surprise to Tommy, given what he's done, would that not really piss him off?

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was Russell ever a viable option? Surely he'd require compensation or a fee?

Fwiw he only signed a one year deal this Summer, so will be available again next summer, but again, will require compensation

There was an expectation that Russell would be moving on this summer, but the positive side of him having a disappointing second half of the season by his standards was that interest fell away and we've got him for another season. In any case I doubt he'd be willing to move to a club where he's explicitly being told that he's second choice when he's signing, as I assume would be the case at St Johnstone.