Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don't think that was a possibility because we've already got an over 21 loanee. Not convinced we were ever in for May - no chance we could afford that fee or get near the wages required to sign him. 

I don't think that was a possibility because we've already got an over 21 loanee. Not convinced we were ever in for May - no chance we could afford that fee or get near the wages required to sign him. 

Are you forgetting we regularly spent £500k and gave players £8k a week on wages in the 90s? If we'd done that with May it would all be fine as we'd instantly attract an extra 6000 fans every week, like we did in the 90s.

International loans don't count towards the loan quota. In the eyes of the authorities they are permanent transfers, with regards to registration.

Just now, Kyle said:

Technically, we could have loaned May and can still loan players from outside the Scotland. It's only another player over the age of 21 from within the SPFL that we're prevented from signing.

3 minutes ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

I'll admit Osman is a hammer thrower but you've obviously not seen us play if you think our team as a whole are like that.

Seen you on Tuesday night and whilst you deserved your win for the second goal alone there are a number of your players who are at the least "streetwise" when it comes to breaking up/disrupting play.  Still reckon there are a number of hammer throwers in your team.

I bow to those who know more about the loan system than me. Still don't think it was realistic with Aberdeen pursuing him - they would've offered a higher wage contribution even if it had been a loan. 

It'll be Storey. He'll be in Aberdeens squad for the weekend as May won't be ready and he'll join us afterwards. The entire Saints support will melt down during the weekend, especially when Kane scores for QOS, and only me and Tam will be left, chuckling amongst the ashes.

Can't wait to see the heads gone if Storey joins someone else [emoji12]