Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Totally agree he should be the priority though, pretty more impossible to replace with our money. 

Sometimes you get lucky – I'm thinking of someone like Jackson Irvine – a similar player – who I think Ross County got for a pittance.

Edited by Mr Heliums

TW confirms MacLean is away and they felt it was a move he couldn't refuse. 

He also name checks Shaun Struthers, Jamie Docherty and John Robertson as young strikers who'll be getting a chance, although he says Struthers is injured. 

He reckons we've had 17 injuries this season where the minimum length of recovery was 5-6 weeks. 

TW confirms MacLean is away and they felt it was a move he couldn't refuse. 
He also name checks Shaun Struthers, Jamie Docherty and John Robertson as young strikers who'll be getting a chance, although he says Struthers is injured. 
He reckons we've had 17 injuries this season where the minimum length of recovery was 5-6 weeks. 

I get the impression that MacLean almost asked Wright’s permission to leave. That in itself is testament to the man and why he’ll go with such high regards and best wishes.

Now I’m one for giving Macca stick at times, but the next 5 (4 minus Hamilton) should be spent applauding every little touch and every glimmer of intelligence he produces. Nothing to play for, let’s just hope he scores and goes absolutely tonto celebrating it, into the crowd, shirt off, the works. It’s the Macca way.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

I get the impression that MacLean almost asked Wright’s permission to leave. That in itself is testament to the man and why he’ll go with such high regards and best wishes.

Now I’m one for giving Macca stick at times, but the next 5 (4 minus Hamilton) should be spent applauding every little touch and every glimmer of intelligence he produces. Nothing to play for, let’s just hope he scores and goes absolutely tonto celebrating it, into the crowd, shirt off, the works. It’s the Macca way.

TW says Hearts made contact last week to say they'd approached MacLean and were confident the deal was almost done, so I'm not convinced he's asked permission. 

I'll treat MacLean exactly as I have done until the final day, he's a wee ragey f**k and he'll probably hate it if folk don't get on his back. Definitely keen for a big old Macca sing a long, though. 

Tommy more or less confirms Johnstone's departure in the summer. He's talking about our striking options for next season and only mentions Kane, McMillan and Hendry (who is out of contract - so I suppose that confirms he'll be getting a new deal).

He also says that he may not look to replace Maclean directly, with him talking about wanting to sign a versatile striker who can play wide as well as up top. Not sure I agree with that when 2 of the 3 options he's talking about have been injured much more than they've been available to play for us.

I suppose the "might go after a striker who can also play wide" is a heavy hint we'll spend all Summer going for MOH again, maybe just making what I want of that quote though. 

No danger we can go into next season with Hendry as third choice, unless he's planning on a one up too situation. Even them I'm not convinced. 

Nah, he couldn't play until next season anyway. So we'd be kicking off with a 38yo striker who's scored three goals all season and who's barely played since a serious achillies injury. He'd be a high earner too. 

TW was spotted at Crusaders v Linfield during last week. 

Paul Heatley is a previous target, and one of the Crusaders fans think Gavin Whyte, a 22yo winger, was being watched too, but that's just fan speculation.