Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

We are well run and have a couple of million in the bank, that is going to get a severe chunk taken from it due to COVID.

Yes that's the point I'm asking.  You make money from your stadium (which you fully own) being in a handy location so can make money from non-football functions.  That can only be a good thing. 

Edit - and be the envy of a lot of clubs.

Edited by TheScarf

I've a lot of time for Saint Johnstone. One of my late Grandpa's supported them and when I was younger he would take me to the odd game there. He used to tease me about ICT being in the lower leagues whilst his team lived it up in the top tier. I would tell him that ICT would win a cup one day and he said if that ever happened he would come and support Inverness with me. I said I would do likewise if Saint Johnstone ever got to a final.

Sadly, he passed away in 2012 but when Saints made it to the 2014 Scottish Cup Final I kept my promise and went along to Celtic Park to support them and was delighted when they won. Quite fitting that ICT won it the following year (and Hibs the year after who my other Grandpa supported).

I hope they go on to win the SC again this season. They are exactly the kind of club that ICT should aspire to be like. 

"You only finished top 6 because Rangers, Hibs and United were in the lower tiers"

"You only won a Cup because there wasn't a strong OF side"

"You get lucky with cup draws, you never play the OF"

0016a2a5-1600.thumb.jpg.386e260b5914075eb8e1781644addec9.jpg

We'll never forget this generation of players.

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's just that I know, like The Caley, you suffer from the majority of locals hating their local team, yet you never seem to lose many players, and can tie them up on longer deals.  I know you aren't in a Ross County type scenario where your chairman/owner writes off all club debt.  You appear to be fairly self-sustaining?

I believe we're completely  self sufficient albeit it'll  be a bit ruined by covid and no fans so will be in a financial hole like everyone else now. 

The owners have a successful business elsewhere though so while  they don't put any additional investment into the club anymore they also don't take anything out either I don't believe in terms of salary etc either. 

In terms of money, it's widely known amongst fans without knowing exact figures we offer quite a low standard wage but topped up well with bonus etc. 

One other thing that makes it easier for us to keep players is the fact we're not based so far North so the West Coast players again under normal times travel together etc, care share and don't need fo commute miles.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"You only finished top 6 because Rangers, Hibs and United were in the lower tiers"

"You only won a Cup because there wasn't a strong OF side"

"You get lucky with cup draws, you never play the OF"

We'll never forget this generation of players.

Cheryl Cole Lol GIF by Top Talent

Biggest load of birthday caird shite I have seen on here for a long while

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I believe we're completely  self sufficient albeit it'll  be a bit ruined by covid and no fans so will be in a financial hole like everyone else now. 

The owners have a successful business elsewhere though so while  they don't put any additional investment into the club anymore they also don't take anything out either I don't believe in terms of salary etc either. 

In terms of money, it's widely known amongst fans without knowing exact figures we offer quite a low standard wage but topped up well with bonus etc. 

One other thing that makes it easier for us to keep players is the fact we're not based so far North so the West Coast players again under normal times travel together etc, care share and don't need fo commute miles.

Yep, less than an hour from both Glasgow and Edinburgh on a dual carriageway certainly helps.  The amount of central belt players who are in floods of tears at the thought of coming up the A9 a handful of times a year is mental.

59 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Cheryl Cole Lol GIF by Top Talent

Biggest load of birthday caird shite I have seen on here for a long while

This is easiest the greatest decade of St Johnstones history and unlikely to ever be matched.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

In all seriousness, hopefully this is a lesson for Zander in what can be possible when you come off your line.

Is he planning to go up for every corners now? 😂