Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If you've bought for different folk that are arriving separately etc... then definitely make sure they have a unique QR code, as they won't scan twice. 

I tried it on Sunday (by mistake) and it rejected it after it had been scanned once. 

46 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Got 7 tickets for mates in the North stand so they could all sit together. Ungrateful gits are not happy with the north stand.😂

Think people are so used to just turning up once a blue moon to watch Saints and getting to sit where they want.

I think it's quite funny when those folk feel hard done not getting to sit in their chosen stand or seat for one of the biggest games in the history of McDiarmid Park!

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You can count on less than one hand how many people are answering. 

They'll need to wait a while 😕 not great I imagine.

Aye the club were caught a bit between a rock and a hard place as they couldn’t really open up the online system to non-season ticket holders, nor could they hire a hundred call centre staff overnight. I suppose if we’d managed to get an answer from the council before last week it might have alleviated the rush somewhat. Still, hopefully it doesn’t put too many people off.

9 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Great if that’s the case. I thought since plenty of North tickets left they would mostly be filled by non Saints who live in Perth phoning up on off chance this afternoon along with anyone else who didn’t call in a ST favour or phone this morning… but great if demand means lots of Saints trying to go in big groups end up in the north too.

I actually tried phoning this morning, rather than ask any season ticket holders to help out, that includes 2 family members. Tried for well over an hour without getting through then decided f**k it this may get close to selling out and called in that favour.

Often there's room for critisism but not sure much can be said about this time?
They let fans know that the request was in. They informed the fans when the decision was received and they got the ticket info out that evening. 
[emoji2369]
The hotel trade is full of moaning fuckers.

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Seen a few people on Twitter who support other clubs kicking off about it too.

That did make me laugh a wee bit.

It's a really bizarre attitude from some of these people. Non Saints fans and day trippers furious that they haven't managed to get through on the phone to buy their first ticket for a game in five years within an hour of them going on sale. If there had been an online general sale first thing today it would have sold out already for sure - but it would be packed with UK based Galatasaray fans. There are obviously only a tiny handful of people answering the phones and each transaction will take a few minutes if email addresses and card numbers etc need taken. It's going to take time.

It's a really bizarre attitude from some of these people. Non Saints fans and day trippers furious that they haven't managed to get through on the phone to buy their first ticket for a game in five years within an hour of them going on sale. If there had been an online general sale first thing today it would have sold out already for sure - but it would be packed with UK based Galatasaray fans. There are obviously only a tiny handful of people answering the phones and each transaction will take a few minutes if email addresses and card numbers etc need taken. It's going to take time.

If I was a neutral wanting to go, I’d be more attracted to this tie out of the ones on Thursday night.

The clubs taken that into consideration by allowing people to call and request tickets, however they’ve countered it by allowing people in Perth to get tickets through season ticket holders.

They’ve made the right decision.

Just now, mizfit said:

If I was a neutral wanting to go, I’d be more attracted to this tie out of the ones on Thursday night.

The clubs taken that into consideration by allowing people to call and request tickets, however they’ve countered it by allowing people in Perth to get tickets through season ticket holders.

I think it is about the best they could do in the tight timeframe. This is the exact scenario where a membership scheme (ie pay £20 for the season and you get first dibs on tickets, maybe deals on tickets for bog standard games and - importantly - your name in the ticket database) would have allowed more people access to the online system, but that's obviously hindsight.

I think it is about the best they could do in the tight timeframe. This is the exact scenario where a membership scheme (ie pay £20 for the season and you get first dibs on tickets, maybe deals on tickets for bog standard games and - importantly - your name in the ticket database) would have allowed more people access to the online system, but that's obviously hindsight.
The database thing in particular cant be classed as hindsight given it is talked about in here EVERY FUCKING TIME THERE IS A CLAMOUR FOR TICKETS.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Club have played an absolute blinder with this - in my opinion

Still between 1500 and 2000 tickets left

So we’re probably just shy of 8000 sold and it’s only Tuesday afternoon. I’d expect a good few hundred more shifted by 5pm and stragglers picking up tickets over the Wednesday and Thursday.

Club have played this really well IMO.

I've got to say the people moaning they cant get tickets are mostly (I say mostly I know there are die hard fans in the same position) are those who've not stepped foot inside the place for years. All those who want a ticket, or rather deserve a ticket will get one. 

I understand the frustration, but the system is mostly fair and rewards those who put their money into the club on a repeated and ongoing basis. Again I know there are others who cant do this, but they'll get tickets too since they'll know the right people or are prepared to try over and above. Those who only want to come as a 1 off game, if they don't get tickets I couldn't care. So long as the true saints fans all get in. 

1 minute ago, Meldrew said:

i'm still finding my feet in the world of scottish football,  are Dundee the Spurs of Scotland ?

Definitely not.

They're aclub who won stuff in the 1800's but rarely heard of since.

Think more along the lines of Preston North End, or Old Etonians but without the brains.