Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Aye that's all fair, tbh. I just don't think it's  a game for Crawford, and we'll need Middleton on the park to counter. I don't like Middleton central so him on a wing with May on the other, where he drifts anyway, would allow Middleton to start wide.
Sang seems quite athletic so we could maybe have a really dangerous right hand side for turnovers with Sang, Hallberg and Middleton. The Celtic LB on loan at them looks a huddy who can lose the ball a lot, so it all ties in.
I want us to play better football and be more exciting, but ultimately away to Aberdeen I think our best chance of winning is sucking them up the park and trying to exploit their mistakes, so set up in a way that allows that. 

Be interesting to see what Davidson does for this one. This is a match we have to look to take all 3 points from. Aberdeen's confidence must be as low as ours right now, and it could be a game of who crumbles first, so getting off to a good start is imperative.

I have a feeling it'll be the team that started at Livi and at home to Utd, but we'll see ...

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Be interesting to see what Davidson does for this one. This is a match we have to look to take all 3 points from. Aberdeen's confidence must be as low as ours right now, and it could be a game of who crumbles first, so getting off to a good start is imperative.

I have a feeling it'll be the team that started at Livi and at home to Utd, but we'll see ...

Some doubt around their line up too now, I guess. They might even have a new manager in place by Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Scott Browns being talked about as Interim coach.

I've no idea how that would go, but I don't think the way he acts on the pitch is what you'd be wanting from a manager, so he'll either not play or it'll be a coach making the decisions anyway, I reckon.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no idea how that would go, but I don't think the way he acts on the pitch is what you'd be wanting from a manager, so he'll either not play or it'll be a coach making the decisions anyway, I reckon.

Tbf we all said that about Goodwin and he’s doing a grand job (unfortunately)

Edited by John Bonham

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye that's all fair, tbh. I just don't think it's  a game for Crawford, and we'll need Middleton on the park to counter. I don't like Middleton central so him on a wing with May on the other, where he drifts anyway, would allow Middleton to start wide.

Sang seems quite athletic so we could maybe have a really dangerous right hand side for turnovers with Sang, Hallberg and Middleton. The Celtic LB on loan at them looks a huddy who can lose the ball a lot, so it all ties in.

I want us to play better football and be more exciting, but ultimately away to Aberdeen I think our best chance of winning is sucking them up the park and trying to exploit their mistakes, so set up in a way that allows that. 

Crawford will start, he's our star player (in Callum's head)!!

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

With 3 managers losing their jobs this week you wonder if the thoughts entered some of the boards heads if results don’t go our way this week.

I don't think a new manager will make much of a difference at this stage; or at any rate we're not going to get 10th place no matter who we've got in charge.

The advantage of NOT sacking anyone now might be seen a further down the line. Prospective managers will know they'll get time at St Johnstone. It's coming up to 17 years since we last sacked anyone and Davidson knows that at any other club he'd have been out by now. These things will get noticed.

7 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I don't think a new manager will make much of a difference at this stage; or at any rate we're not going to get 10th place no matter who we've got in charge.

The advantage of NOT sacking anyone now might be seen a further down the line. Prospective managers will know they'll get time at St Johnstone. It's coming up to 17 years since we last sacked anyone and Davidson knows that at any other club he'd have been out by now. These things will get noticed.

True.  I think Davidson will still be in charge at the start of next season even if we do go down.  He'll need to start the season well regardless of what division we are in though. 

Fat Callum really helping to emphasise the significance of that Covid Cup double that the Saintees won last season in front of zerpaying spectators, surviving relegation with practically the same squad is just as big a feat apparently. :lol:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

How's the boy Bair (?) getting on. Has he seen much game time? 

About 15 minutes in our clownshoe 3-3-4 set up against St Mirren. 

Suspect we'll see more of him against Aberdeen unless we're leading by the 60 minute ( 😂 )