Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don’t want relegation but if we were and went back up in one season with a team scoring loads of goals every week the fans would be encouraged and crowds improve. It would be a joy to watch. The atmosphere at games would be electric.

I must have had a dream.

2 hours ago, Broughty said:

I don’t want relegation but if we were and went back up in one season with a team scoring loads of goals every week the fans would be encouraged and crowds improve. It would be a joy to watch. The atmosphere at games would be electric.

I must have had a dream.

The season in the Championship with crowds of 2000 through that winter months would be far from electric though 😂

Saints going down and bouncing back quickly IMO is unlikely as we'll find it hard to build a squad unless we somehow get a number of younger players stepping up and we've yet to see much hope of that.

The one thing at the moment that can attract players to Saints even with the relatively average wage is it's top flight football and it gives them a chance to use it as a stepping stone. 

If we went down we'd still have Championship clubs able to attract players ahead of us because they'll pay more than us. The likes of Queens Park will be offering better money than us next season if we're in the Championship, especially off the back of the 2 million losses and another year this year which will also include a decent loss I suspect. 

New ownership may change things of course!

I'd just rather not go down I think 😂. Some of the suggestions of "but new places to visit" comments that people make on the banter page etc... I just don't get the appeal. Falkirk? Dunfermline? Great.... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Things might well get worse before they get better if we go down but history shows they do always get better.

It's very hard to envisage how things turn around if we remain a Premiership club, firefighting every summer.

There isn't talent in this squad that just needs moulded into a team, the whole lot of them are basically rubbish and need emptied, so next season will just be more of the same with the sort of strike rate a club like Saints gets with Premiership signings.

Go down a level, keep the players with both potential for improvement and the heart for a fight, and compete against teams we have a chance against when it comes to attracting players.

It might take a few seasons but try and build something from a more realistic base.

Survival at all costs is short-term thinking.

It all feels kind of moot anyway, doesn't it?

Like if you're spending 3 consecutive years fighting relegation then the noose is already around your neck. It's just a case of when in the next few years rather than if.

Shaun Rooney was maybe after McCart, can't remember the dates the PCAs were announced for them.

31 minutes ago, St Innes said:

Utd drawing today and playing crap. Lose v RR next week and I can see us being in a play off  against them. At least that would get some interest going!

I don’t think it’s a given that whoever finishes second would win the tie against the winner of the match between third & fourth. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84