Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Looking at Twitter, there were reports at the start of May which stated that Banks was going to sign permanently with St Pauli. Would be interesting to know the timeline of our supposed interest as it seems like it was never really a viable option.

Reading German stuff suggests their manager joining Brighton (start of June) stopped him talking to them and put doubt on it, which is when I guess he'd start looking around at other things? 

Sounds like timeline was...

End of May - Banks negotiates a deal to join

Start of June - St Pauli discover manager is leaving for Brighton so postpone all negotiations, Banks starts talking to other clubs

End of June - St Pauli have identified new manager and he's signed off on signing Banks, they go back to original offer and everyone signs it, deal done.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He has aye.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Looking at Twitter, there were reports in May which stated that Banks was going to sign permanently with St Pauli. Would be interesting to know the timeline of our supposed interest as it seems like it was never really a viable option.

It was seemingly well along the line. So far along that senior sources at McDiarmid were telling folk he was signing. 

As Radford says, until that scarf is above the head, Mo Johnston excluded, then it means f**k all.

At least it's not the manager getting burned this time I suppose, was a couple of times he said deals were done that then didn't materialise 

Just now, The Saintee said:

The circus rolls on. 

When's this new owner in town?

Last update came on the 5th June. Assuming the SFA panel meet on or around that date, so should hopefully see something next week.

Scott Banks is a dead cert to join Saints, said an unknown person with some tenuous link to McDiarmid Park. Shame that this link forgot to mention that it was the 'Saints', newly promoted from Bundesliga 2 he was referring to. 

He would have never have gone anywhere near us. 

Dream on guys.

Trialist must be a RB?

Rae

Trialist - Sanders - Parker - Bright

Wright - Smith - Carey - McPake

Sidibeh - Mylchreest 

9 minutes ago, hamicle said:

No Max or Franczak

Max might be on holiday tbf, he was playing for Ukraines u21s when the rest of our squad was having a break.

I think some players might be held off for the other friendly tomorrow too.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think some players might be held off for the other friendly tomorrow too.

Just now, supersaint44 said:

So missing out are:

Sinclair

MacPherson

Max

Fanczak

Clark

Ikpeazu

Aye, I'd imagine Levein would have mentioned in the interview if any other players were injured, so will just be getting held off.