Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Wasn't last year's horrendous? Maybe I'm wrong, and it just felt that way.

I'm sure we only lost the #DiddyAlliance game.

Brian Easton and Jason Kerr handing them a goal.

[mention=76242]Valentino Bolognese[/mention]
I used the average points per game against top half/bottom half sides, put it into the amount of games left, and tried to work out our final points total and it was 37.
That's assuming my maths is right.
Had us tied for 7th with County once you do it the same for every side in the bottom half.
That's assuming that every team replicates exactly what they have done up to now. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely.

6 minutes ago, The Marly said:

That's assuming that every team replicates exactly what they have done up to now. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely.

Yeah was just for a sort of muck about to get a rough idea of where things might end up points wide. 38 points is more than any team is on course for by then, so that's why I keep mentioning it as a target.

Get some weird results at this stage of the season though so no shock if higher is needed.

31 minutes ago, The Marly said:
5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
[mention=76242]Valentino Bolognese[/mention]
I used the average points per game against top half/bottom half sides, put it into the amount of games left, and tried to work out our final points total and it was 37.
That's assuming my maths is right.
Had us tied for 7th with County once you do it the same for every side in the bottom half.

Well yes. It's pretty ropey methodology, but it's just a bit of fun. 

If there was an accurate way of doing it the bookies would be out of business. 

27 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

I like Izzy!  He's a good lad you can tell.  A  great name is the start of greatness and the hallmark of a champion!  

"Its a great honour for me, and my family, to be at this club, I'm so proud and they will be too"

😍

Just been posted on WAP that people buying houses in Bertha Park are getting sent vouchers to get free tickets for a Saints game, a season ticket application form, and a Junior Saints application form.

The Official Twitter also had photos of Tommy Wright visiting a local primary school.

Cant criticise the club for giving it a go, exactly what they should be doing and if they could capitalise on all the new houses being built in the area it could be massive.

Matt Kennedy was a great attacking player for us, one who gave us many magical moments. But perhaps his greatest gift was the opportunity to sing an abba song with our mates. Something most of us have always wanted to do, but just never had the courage.

Sadly for Matty, he doesn't get to take the song with him. It stays in Perth, where it belongs.

But who should be crowned the new dancing queen?

Hend-ree, watch him play on a Saturday ....  anyone???

Matt Kennedy was a great attacking player for us, one who gave us many magical moments. But perhaps his greatest gift was the opportunity to sing an abba song with our mates. Something most of us have always wanted to do, but just never had the courage.
Sadly for Matty, he doesn't get to take the song with him. It stays in Perth, where it belongs.
Stevie May
Super Drey

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Well yes. It's pretty ropey methodology, but it's just a bit of fun. 
If there was an accurate way of doing it the bookies would be out of business. 
This is what passes for fun these days?
And there's my splashing out on mountain bikes and X Boxes for the kids, even a fucking rampant rabbit for the missus and I could have just told them to do this if it was fun they were after! Bollocks!

17 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Didn't realise Drey had a song. What is it?
Also what's all the words to the Ali McCann song?

He goes to the left he goes to the right,

he plays for St Johnstone

his name is Drey Wright 

is the one I've heard, only a couple of times back before he got injured.

We've got McCann

Ali McCann

I just don't think you'd understand

He drives an ice cream van *

Hes better than Zidane

Hes the best midfielder in the land **

Spoiler

* I can't make this line out so I've done some improv.  I'm fairly sure the original lyrics do not mention an ice cream van though.

** This is not the last line either. But I'm fucked if I can remember it right now.. possibly just we've got Ali McCann again.

Edited by PauloPerth