Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Steven Anderson away you Forfar on a 2 year deal.

I thought Raith might have been tempted but with the legal battle they’ve probably decided to prioritise that before signing anyone.

Danny McNamara a 21 year old Rep of Ireland under 21 full back who spent last season on loan at Newport County.

Isaac Olaofe a 20 year old centre forward who can also play either wing according to transfermarket site. Was on loan at Sutton last season but it was curtailed due to an injury so he's on the return.

Edited by PauloPerth

So that's us fully catered for in all areas other than centre mid and wide mid, good to get squad players who will get plenty opportunity to claim a starting place.

The two big marquee signings in the areas of highest priority still to come, I like it Callum.

21 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Even if he ends up doing pretty well, he'll completely ruin our young squad's average age. I don't like this one bit. The new and improved St Johnstone is supposed to be youthful, fresh, raw and fearless. No old people, please.

A couple of unknown youngsters to join our youthful, fresh, raw and fearless squad. This is what I want to see. No boomers, please.

Presuming the budget remains for the areas we actually need to fill, then any other signings were going to fall into this category. 

Hopefully the two of them coming up together will help them settle. With the best will in the world, hopefully neither features much as it'll mean the senior players are performing well. 

Could we not do with another central defender? As soon as one gets injured or suspended, we may be in a bit of bother. Although, assuming McNamara is a right-back, I'm guessing that Wallace Duffy may be implemented as our fourth choice centre-back. So actually, nothing to worry about. Forget everything I just said.