Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I know there are different elements to a move but the situation with Butcher is where I really wish Saints showed a bit more ambition. A young player that because of his injuries (which adds another element of risk) still has a lot of development left in him and should be an investment. 

Maybe we are working at it behind the scenes I guess.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

I know there are different elements to a move but the situation with Butcher is where I really wish Saints showed a bit more ambition. A young player that because of his injuries (which adds another element of risk) still has a lot of development left in him and should be an investment. 

Maybe we are working at it behind the scenes I guess.

Further digging shows the boy who started the Butcher to Southend rumour seems to be a consistent bollocks talker, so can rule that one out.

But aye, he's the type of player you shouldn't be afraid to chuck a fee at. If you compare him to Murray Davidson, and consider Butcher a long term replacement, surely he'd be worth a 5 figure fee? 

Issue would be what Bournemouth would be wanting/Butcher would want.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Further digging shows the boy who started the Butcher to Southend rumour seems to be a consistent bollocks talker, so can rule that one out.

But aye, he's the type of player you shouldn't be afraid to chuck a fee at. If you compare him to Murray Davidson, and consider Butcher a long term replacement, surely he'd be worth a 5 figure fee? 

Issue would be what Bournemouth would be wanting/Butcher would want.

If Bournemouth want rid and Saints want him then a loan most likely with Saints paying % of wage. 

He's unlikely to walk away from a relatively good contract money wise to sign permanently on significantly less money with either the likes of Southend or Saints even if Bournemouth were willing to let him go for nothing. 

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Too early to really be looking elsewhere but I do anyway, and looks like a good set of results for us today. 

Was wondering about accies winning though, can be a comfort to have a team stranded at the bottom.  A fair few teams close together not getting into any sort of form so far.

Shaughnessy sent off so should be suspended for when we play them next week is no bad thing.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Was wondering about accies winning though, can be a comfort to have a team stranded at the bottom.  A fair few teams close together not getting into any sort of form so far.

Shaughnessy sent off so should be suspended for when we play them next week is no bad thing.

There seems to be something very wrong at Motherwell and Robinson sounds like he's cracking up. 

Next Saturday against St Mirren looking important already IMO.

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Unlikely all our season tickets holders will be involved. 10% of max stadium capacity *apparently*. Might be less for a test event as well. 

If we're 10% capacity we won't be too far off letting all the ST holders in I reckon. Apart from the fact I've no idea how many we sold this year, it was about 1500 last year? Most teams are down on LY plus there's likely to be extra restrictions (people with symptoms or contact with people with symptoms etc). Sounds a bit fascist but I'd also consider an age bar given all the evidence shows that the over 70s are in much more danger. Add in the folk that can't attend or don't want to, I think we'd probably get to about the 10% level. 

What's odd to me is if singing/shouting etc is banned. What's the point of a crowd if they can't make any noise at all?  

(cue the perrier award-winning comedians dishing out the bants)

I imagine they'll contact the first *insert however many are allowed in* fans who bought a season ticket this season.

If any of those fans decline due to worries/health risks, they'll start working through the rest until the quota is full.

Nothing else is really fair IMO.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine they'll contact the first *insert however many are allowed in* fans who bought a season ticket this season.

If any of those fans decline due to worries/health risks, they'll start working through the rest until the quota is full.

Nothing else is really fair IMO.

Not sure how buying a ticket before someone else is the fairest way.  For example, a person starts a shift with the emergency services as the tickets went on sale, comes home exhausted, goes to bed then goes straight on shift again without getting a ticket.  Ok I’ve gone for an unlikely but possible scenario but why should someone who is furloughed and doing nothing but sitting waiting on tickets going on sale have priority access?  There will be others who for one reason or other couldn’t buy straight away. Not sure their money has less value.  Only fair way I can see is a ballot, where every season ticket holder has the same chance.  

There will be complaints no matter how it’s done. Some non season ticket holders will probably complain at season ticket holders getting priority, they do for some cup game.  

And I got my ticket early on the first day before I get accused of being selfish. 

Edited by Bose

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

Not sure how buying a ticket before someone else is the fairest way. 

I'm fairly sure they used it as part of the advertisement.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure they used it as part of the advertisement.

I never saw that but it sounds dodgy to me.  Same people getting access every week while others who have paid the same don’t get in? 

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

I never saw that but it sounds dodgy to me.  Same people getting access every week while others who have paid the same don’t get in? 

- It may be that the number of Season Ticket holders outweighs the permitted attendees due to continued restrictions on attendance. If attendance is limited, the allocation will be based on the earliest renewals. For example, if there were only 250 attendees permitted then the allocation would be offered to the first 250 renewals etc.

From the Official site.

Don't see an issue with it tbh. Fans who paid their money early took the risk of seeing no games lives as part of a commitment to the club, why is it fair they miss out when someone like me, whos spent about £12 watching games this season, could go out and buy a ticket now fans are allowed back, and get in straight away ahead of them?

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

I’m an eternal optimist when it comes to Saints and never even consider relegation! But yeah, if you’re a glass half empty sort of person/ a realist, Hamilton losing would have been better. 

I generally am as well, it's just I always feel any team outwith the OF is capable of having a shite season and before they know it they're in the mire and staring relegation in the face. When thats the case it becomes a bit of a lottery.  Hearts last season with the fourth biggest budget being a prime example, don't think many would have predicted them finishing bottom at the start of the season.

I never had too many worries last season as with Tommy Wright you always felt he had the experience and know how to get us out of it.  I don't doubt Callum's abilities at all, it's just he's an unknown quantity and we don't really know how he'll react if we end up struggling and the pressure starts to build.

Having said all that, top six looks like it'll be wide open this season, if we can click then I still feel our group of players is easily good enough to be in there and even challenging for Europe, though a couple of decent signings probably required to keep the quality up in case of injuries etc.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

From the Official site.

Don't see an issue with it tbh. Fans who paid their money early took the risk of seeing no games lives as part of a commitment to the club, why is it fair they miss out when someone like me, whos spent about £12 watching games this season, could go out and buy a ticket now fans are allowed back, and get in straight away ahead of them?

As I said I hadn’t seen it. 

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

If I'm within the quota but there's an NHS worker who misses out then it's quite simple for me... 

I'll enjoy the game. 

And if you’re outwith and don’t get in any week? 

Edited by Bose