Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

[mention=72779]Mr Positive, sometimes.[/mention] WyScout hasn't even counted McNamaras shot yesterday as being on target...
Blue dots are "on target". McNamaras yesterday is the "number 5" on the far right in the bottom photo.
shots.jpg.0468498787e444eda7dfd6537fe47d3b.jpg
shots.jpg.8f901d32012cac268126c98e15339d5f.jpg
We're not really testing goalkeepers, are we.
Isn't Wyscout quite expensive?

16 minutes ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
[mention=72779]Mr Positive, sometimes.[/mention] WyScout hasn't even counted McNamaras shot yesterday as being on target...
Blue dots are "on target". McNamaras yesterday is the "number 5" on the far right in the bottom photo.
shots.jpg.0468498787e444eda7dfd6537fe47d3b.jpg
shots.jpg.8f901d32012cac268126c98e15339d5f.jpg
We're not really testing goalkeepers, are we.

Isn't Wyscout quite expensive?

Depends what your interpretation of expensive is.

1 minute ago, The Marly said:
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
£5 a week.

Could think of more interesting pictures to spend a fiver a week on......

Most of them are free these days.

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

For more than just this reason if he wants it persit with wing backs we should go back to the 3-5-2. Gives extra man in middle of the park, allowing 1 to sit. IE Liam and the two in front can get into the box etc. 2 strikers rather than having the weird 2 playing of central striker which is currently resulting in not enough bodies in the box when getting the ball wide. 

This is pretty much what fans have been calling for. 

Thinking about the comments on Craig hampering McCann, Liam being suspended might be an opportunity. Seems to me we have the players for a 4-4-2 diamond which would have Booth, McCart, Gordon, McNamara as the back 4, midfield diamond with Kerr as defensive mid sitting in front of the back 4 but box-to-box as needed, McCann as attacking mid, MOH left, Wotherspoon right and Hendry/May up top? 

Also, it's crossed my mind the recent shooting from distance thing might be team orders? The same players weren't doing it last year as far as I remember so seems odd. Another issue could be what we've all pointed out - if we keep putting balls wide resulting in either a poor delivery or a cross that there's no-one on the end of, you might as well have a pop from 30 yards. 

Hopefully we can move on from yesterday and rather than it getting heads down, the injustice of the result galvanises the team into a determined response. 

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Could think of more interesting pictures to spend a fiver a week on......

RGs xGF (expected gives a f**k): 0

16 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

£260 per year to look at pictures of off target shots? 

Ay carumba. 

If you look at Dundee, it shows that, statistically, Jack Hamilton cost you 5 goals through conceding goals an "average Championship Goalkeeper" wouldn't have done.

This puts him as a "below average" keeper for your division. Hes also one of the worst for leaving his line.

If your club spent £260 a year on it, they'd see quite clearly they need a new keeper.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you look at Dundee, it shows that, statistically, Jack Hamilton cost you 5 goals through conceding goals an "average Championship Goalkeeper" wouldn't have done.

This puts him as a "below average" keeper for your division. Hes also one of the worst for leaving his line.

If your club spent £260 a year on it, they'd see quite clearly they need a new keeper.

The club did spend money on it. They then went out and paid a significant fee for Jack, against many supporters wishes. 

I'm not really sure why a mechanic would want to spend any money on a scouting system to look at how many goals a poor goalkeeper in the division below the one his club currently resides in conceded last season. Yet, here we are. 

The wonderful world of P&B. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The club did spend money on it. They then went out and paid a significant fee for Jack, against many supporters wishes. 

I'm not really sure why a mechanic would want to spend any money on a scouting system to look at how many goals a poor goalkeeper in the division below the one his club currently resides in conceded last season. Yet, here we are. 

And I'm at a  complete loss to understand why someone would get sniffy about a stranger on an internet forum spending their own money on something that interests them (and probably other users of the forum). 

Folk are funny though eh.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I thought it might interest you, tbh, but I forgot how dense you are.

I thought it might interest you, tbh, but I forgot how dense you are.

I find it interesting. I like the new analysis on twitter but no idea whose doing it. Often confirms what we think but sometimes there’s a surprise or something we haven’t considered. Keep up the good work Randoom.

4 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

It's actually a very good article from The Courier. 

It was definitely apparent in the second half that Kerr was told to gamble and push forward. I think the best thing about it was the fact that neither defensively or offensively Hibs could deal with it. There wasn't a time where their left winger or left back exploited the space left by Kerr. That for me was the positive thing on Sunday, the other point it makes about Hibs not conceding from open play was interesting. Whilst we didn't create a lot of chances, we certainly cut them open time and time again with relative ease. The aforementioned Kerr incidents, O'Halloran got in behind a number of times, McNamara had some good forays into the final third.

On reflection I think there was a lot to be positive about with saints. We're not conceding the silly goals we did last season and we're generally looking good in possession up until the final. A couple of tweaks here and their and we've got the players to score goals, maybe not create chances though. We need to find another solution when we get the ball wide, as crossing isn't working. Either we overload one side, or get to the byline and cut it back to waiting players. Either way it was a lot, lot better than against Aberdeen, but still missing that crucial cutting edge which we've struggled with a lot over the seasons.