Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

------------------- Enkleman

----------Mackay - Duberry - Kerr

McNamara-------------------------Stanic

----------------McCann--Morris

Wotherspoon---Sandaza---Swanson

Only one I'd maybe change is Sandaza for Maclean, then again he'd end up out the box and on the wing the entire time!! Dunno if Morris would be mobile enough, but could use Chris Millar instead and that would still work. Also highlights how blessed we were with Dave Mackay in that I'd have him play in the back 3 with his ability, but also I'd probably have him at right back if I could. Shows we've never replaced him, if McNamara is the best right back I can remember!!

Nice. I'm also struggling to get beyond McNamara on the right, which is telling (although Drey Wright might have done a job).  Nigel Hasselbaink springs to mind as someone who could get to the byline and cut balls back into the area. 

I think our first season back down in the second tier is a good cut-off point for this.

5 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
5 hours ago, mizfit said:
Clubs around us are starting to make signings.

Need to pull out finger out.

We will see two cheap young loans in on deadline day as we all know.

No doubt. I don’t think the club seem to realise what a precarious position we are in. The manager isn’t willing to change a losing formula, the players seem convinced that things will turn around when we keep trying the same things and keep getting the same results and the board won’t spend money when everyone else around us will. 

Maybe it will sink in after Motherwell and Hamilton’s points are reinstated and we’re sitting in a play off spot with 15 games to go. 

Shame it's not longer tbh, but chuffed. Hopefully Wotherspoon next.

Regardless of how this season goes, having a "core" that sticks around feels necessary. Gordon feels like the type who could play 300+ games for us.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

New deal for Liam Gordon

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gordon feels like the type who could play 300+ games for us.

16 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Turned down 2 year deal I heard

My luck with predictions summed in 3 posts.

Wonder if Gordon's contract offer is on reduced terms given the pandemic, hence why he's agreed one year and not two. He's a good player but I can't see him going much higher than Saints in his career.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Wonder if Gordon's contract offer is on reduced terms given the pandemic, hence why he's agreed one year and not two. He's a good player but I can't see him going much higher than Saints in his career.

It would be very St Johnstone to have a boyhood fan of the club agree to reduce his wage for year, and try and push him to make it two years 😂

I'm a bit bemused by this Tanser speculation. I understand that agents occasionally fabricate interest from other clubs to try and get a better deal from their current one, but does he honestly think that Celtic, Rangers, Barnsley and Sunderland are remotely believable? If the agent's trying to get more money out of us, then I'd suggest that we simply find another average/satisfactory LB and wish Tanser the best of luck with his move to Hamilton Academical or Ross County.

Edited by The Real Saints

Let him go. Offered deal. Not signed. Trying to play other offers against saints.
Saints have seen this dance every single January window.
See you Scott. Plenty have kept their options open, not signed and saw their career nose dived. Hello Danny Swanson and Tony Watt to remember a couple who spouted the same rubbish

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm a bit bemused by this Tanser speculation. I understand that agents occasionally fabricate interest from other clubs to try and get a better deal from their current one, but does he honestly think that Celtic, Rangers, Barnsley and Sunderland are remotely believable? If the agent's trying to get more money out of us, then I'd suggest that we simply find another average/satisfactory LB and wish Tanser the best of luck with his move to Hamilton Academical or Ross County.

He’s denied all knowledge of it,calls it speculation in interview with local journalist, 

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I see that he has said that he was unaware of the interest from England 😅 So this is (as we all know ) is all bullshit from his agent.