Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If you're not actually looking for bites then this is quite worrying.

St Johnstone have played European football in recent years, Aberdeen/Celtic/Hibs and Hearts will all be playing European football in the up coming months.

It's really not something you should be getting all bothered about

I'm not bothered by it in the slightest. You really should stop writing that in every discussion you have on the site.

St Johnstone have qualified for European Qualifiers in recent years, I agree. They haven't qualified for a European competition since the 90's, as Tam said.

You do understand that though don't you. That they've played in the Europa League?

They've not played in the Europa League group stages/last 16/quarters/semi/final but they HAVE played in the Europa League.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread too much I'll leave that to you

You realise they get called "qualifiers" as its games you have to win to qualify for the group stage, not to qualify for the tournament, dont you?

The competition starts at the group stage, the 48 teams. How many times have St Johnstone got to that point?

No it doesnt. Refer to the UEFA website if youre struggling.

Uefa themselves say that 188 teams will participate in the 16/17 competition.

That's just so fodder can claim they've played in Europe. Anybody worth their salt knows that competitions start precisely when the 'qualifiers' finish. When everyone has.. Qualified.

That's just so fodder can claim they've played in Europe. Anybody worth their salt knows that competitions start precisely when the 'qualifiers' finish. When everyone has.. Qualified.

Pishing myself catching up with this Deeboy.

So have Sainties ever ACTUALLY played in Europe?

Doesn't seem like he went straight from Bordeaux to PSG tbf, and it was the B teams he was playing for anyway. 

Either way its nice to have been linked with a random foreigner we know nothing about, I feel like we missed that a wee bit last season so having one this year would be grand.

I'd rather we weren't linked with a Random fuckin anything!