Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Yep. Give them the main stand only. Market it properly.

3 stands to Utd then.

This would be a chance to prove to the fans lessons are learnt and they’re acting in our interest. 

Surely they need to see that.

That first Saturday when we’re at home to Utd is massive. Absolutely a must not lose. 
Fully expect County to win at home to Livi, and Kilmarnock to win at Motherwell after their result in Paisley.

Utd are in good form, but they’ve still got the same defence we’ve seen throughout the season which is capable of gifting goals. We might need this as a concern with us is where our goals are going to come from.

Let them have their 3000 tickets, a 3/4 full non-OF McDiarmid Park is a thing of beauty. We should be pushing to get 4000 Saints fans there minimum.

After so many shite dreary matches the past 18 months, having a big lively crowd at a fixture with loads at stake is what it’s all about.

Really disappointed we're going to Kilmarnock again when the fixture is so important. It could have been avoided.

The ticketing for United will be so interesting. Potentially turning money away but we were told in January that we'd been heard.

It may be illogical but I'm probably as worried as I've been after seeing the fixtures laid out. But it's still exciting.

On the pitch, what would be thoughts/reaction if we played home League Cup group games at another ground? We just need to get that pitch sorted above all else.

Or the positive way to look at it is, win the first 2 games at home and the other 3 become almost irrelevant.

Beat Utd and in week 2 (they play County), so long as we win, we'd be either 7 clear of Utd and a min 8 of County (if they draw) or 8/9 clear of either depending on who wins.

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What am I missing about the United game ticketing in relation to the Rangers game?

I'm not seeing the link...

I think folk are suggesting limiting utd’s allocation to main and North Stand (about 2800 or so) so they don’t have half the ground which I kind of get, as the run they’re on and it bring a derby means they could probably fill both ends and the end section of the main stand.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think folk are suggesting limiting utd’s allocation to main and North Stand (about 2800 or so) so they don’t have half the ground which I kind of get, as the run they’re on and it bring a derby means they could probably fill both ends and the end section of the main stand.

If the club were on the ball (they are not), they'd massively market this game and get it as packed as possible. 2,800 is the normal allocation, so give them that and be done with it. I think within the main it can be extended by a couple of hundred if needs be. 

I reckon we'd potentially pull in 4,500 - 5,000 home fans if done properly. By the time you take out hospitality, lost seats for segregation, it would be pretty full.

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

If the club were on the ball (they are not), they'd massively market this game and get it as packed as possible. 2,800 is the normal allocation, so give them that and be done with it. I think within the main it can be extended by a couple of hundred if needs be. 

I reckon we'd potentially pull in 4,500 - 5,000 home fans if done properly. By the time you take out hospitality, lost seats for segregation, it would be pretty full.

I’d like to see Macca doing a rallying call to get more Saints fans along, the way Tommy did in the build up to the cup final to help us shift 15,000 tickets, which could help boost numbers. 

Would love to see us shift close to the 5000 you mention, would be great to have the ground near packed. And to be fair, I tend to think Utd are a team Saints fans generally turn out for over the years.