Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It was clearly because of that, he's a massive Dundee fan so it's hardly surprising he decided to try and "get it up" us when he had the chance. The fact it didn't get a single reaction from anyone in the crowd (who were willing to boo Rab Douglas onto the park) probably explains how irrelevant it is though.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was clearly because of that, he's a massive Dundee fan so it's hardly surprising he decided to try and "get it up" us when he had the chance. The fact it didn't get a single reaction from anyone in the crowd (who were willing to boo Rab Douglas onto the park) probably explains how irrelevant it is though.

Course, nothing to do we Dundee winning the league.You really do over exaggerate your importance to us.

Anyone notice Kerrs squad number last night? Isn't he number 2 normally? ????

Good night though. Much more entertaining than the usual affairs

Barry Smith is our 'ultimate' number 2 and Cammy's hero so he gave him his shirt number for the night. Cammy was then given free reign as to what number he'd like and he picked the number that represented the year we won the top flight.

To think it was a pop at St Johnstone fans during a testimonial for one of the players Cammy grew up watching is ridiculous.

That is a dream team midfield tbf.
Yeah Smith was never blessed with pace, it was his reading of the game and his will to battle that made him stand out. Think a slower, classier version of Cammy Kerr with a fat arse. I was a little bit surprised that Savo never pulled on a St Johnstone strip at some point and that Peaso only turned out for you guys for 5 mins or so considering he was at you much longer than he was us, but I suppose you had a fair few strikers. Mostly shocked that Adam came up from England for a 10 minute cameo. I know he might have been limited by Stoke, but it's not something I'd have fancied tbh.
As much as I've been critical of tonight, glad it was enjoyed by all who attended.

It looked like Adam pulled his hamstring. He was moving timidly after one of his trademark switches and seemed pretty upset with himself. He intentionally put the ball out of play to come off.

It may unfortunately be the last time Hughes allows him to play for us!

Brilliant game otherwise, pretty enjoyable to watch Harkins again. We kept our short passing from the back in place when Rab come on which unfortunately didn't suit his strengths!

Course, nothing to do we Dundee winning the league.You really do over exaggerate your importance to us.

It was the year Dundee relegated us aswell. You genuinely think the only reason he wore the number 62 was to commemorate a league win, in front of about 20 Dundee fans?

As I say, it didn't bother me at all, I didn't even notice it, but it's a bit odd to start getting all defensive about him and start proclaiming it's totally innocent. I'd rather he did do it due to the relegation as it shows the humour that ran through the entire game, Neil McCann gave a GIRUY when he came on the pitch.

It was the year Dundee relegated us aswell. You genuinely think the only reason he wore the number 62 was to commemorate a league win, in front of about 20 Dundee fans?

As I say, it didn't bother me at all, I didn't even notice it, but it's a bit odd to start getting all defensive about him and start proclaiming it's totally innocent. I'd rather he did do it due to the relegation as it shows the humour that ran through the entire game, Neil McCann gave a GIRUY when he came on the pitch.

Considering the way Mackay was whoring himself out to Dundee fans the past week, I think they probably expected a better attendance but to answer your question, it wouldn't have been for anyone but himself because the number is obviously an extremely important one in Dundee's history.

ETA: I'd have loved it if it was a GIRUY but he's just not that type of guy.

Considering the way Mackay was whoring himself out to Dundee fans the past week, I think they probably expected a better attendance but to answer your question, it wouldn't have been for anyone but himself because the number is obviously an extremely important one in Dundee's history.

ETA: I'd have loved it if it was a GIRUY but he's just not that type of guy.

It's also his twitter handle!

Maybe I'm wrong then, just felt a strange event to use it at, especially considering there was no reason for him to swap away from number two.

Maybe I'm wrong then, just felt a strange event to use it at, especially considering there was no reason for him to swap away from number two.

As explained Barry Smith was number 2 for us and Cammy's all time hero growing up. And Smith is probably 'the' number 2 at Dundee if that makes sense.

As explained Barry Smith was number 2 for us and Cammy's all time hero growing up. And Smith is probably 'the' number 2 at Dundee if that makes sense.

Fair dues, wasn't really aware how much that was Smiths number.

As I say, it's a shame it wasn't to try and wind up Saints fans, the whole second half was a tremendous panto anyway, with Rab Douglas and Neil McCann playing the bad guys superbly (Douglas made a genuine effort to save Mackays penalty) [emoji23], so it would've been a nice wee subtle touch to it all.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whoosh 

Last night was great fun. It was fantastic seeing some of my heroes growing up again as well as the likes of Hardie and Wright as well as Mackay. Morris and Sheerin were outstanding - Morris in particular should still be playing based on last night. The game deserved a much better turn out from Our fans. 

Fair play to Dundee who played their part in the spectacle. Everyone got in the spirit of the game - including the youngsters - and fair play to the supporters who came through for the game. Lambert looks like a fantastic prospect - looking forward to seeing him develop. He took his goal extremely well too.