Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I actually like Cummins in that position on his own. He played well against Killie first game of the season, he's mobile and reasonably quick. He'll battle for everything and win things in the air. Ok his link up play isn't as good as MacLeans, but I genuinely think he's our best option to play up top. I know that it's maybe not true, but as the saying goes I'd rather he was missing chances but getting in the right positions than not getting them at all. Which I feel is what MacLeans like up top on his own.

• 2 weeks later...
Fucking hell lads this is becoming a bit of a habit[emoji1]

We don't do testimonials, lost 4-0 in our last one. Second half was hilarious, Roddy Grant chasing a through ball and landing on his puss was outstanding [emoji23]

Also, Charlie Adam is obscene. Left foot, right foot, doesn't matter, pinpoint as f**k.

I'd also happily see Morris and Sheerin back in our team, some of their interplay was better than anything I've seen since they left

Really enjoyed that second half tonight, what these games should be about, although Neil McCann had the right idea in a scattering of youngsters to do the running for his team! Safe to say Dundee took the first half slightly more seriously, as is completely their prerogative, but there were enough efforts on goal from Saints to not make it too miserable, even if the finishing left a bit to be desired. As impressed as you can be in such a fixture by Jack Lambert of Dundee. Morris and Sheerin still as classy as you could have imagined them to be. Roddy Grant brought the comedy and big Rab Douglas was having a ball.

Hopefully see a similar format for Chris Millar's game, rather than getting a chasing from Burnley U20s.

Any of our oldies 'aged' badly on the pitch as it were? Any look like they could still do a job?

You missed the chance to see a midfield three of Barry Smith, Charlie Adam and Gary Harkins...

Smiths slow as f**k but I assume he's always been that away, Harkins is still Harkins, same with Peaso and Savo who still have an understanding, Rab Douglas took the whole game in the right spirit too, saving Roddy Grants effort and then giving fist pumps to the home support when he was booed for it [emoji38]

Think that's all the "legends" that played for you lot, Adam only played about ten minutes, pretty much a youth team in the second half.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You missed the chance to see a midfield three of Barry Smith, Charlie Adam and Gary Harkins...

Smiths slow as f**k but I assume he's always been that away, Harkins is still Harkins, same with Peaso and Savo who still have an understanding, Rab Douglas took the whole game in the right spirit too, saving Roddy Grants effort and then giving fist pumps to the home support when he was booed for it emoji38.png

Think that's all the "legends" that played for you lot, Adam only played about ten minutes, pretty much a youth team in the second half.

That is a dream team midfield tbf.

Yeah Smith was never blessed with pace, it was his reading of the game and his will to battle that made him stand out. Think a slower, classier version of Cammy Kerr with a fat arse. I was a little bit surprised that Savo never pulled on a St Johnstone strip at some point and that Peaso only turned out for you guys for 5 mins or so considering he was at you much longer than he was us, but I suppose you had a fair few strikers. Mostly shocked that Adam came up from England for a 10 minute cameo. I know he might have been limited by Stoke, but it's not something I'd have fancied tbh.

As much as I've been critical of tonight, glad it was enjoyed by all who attended.

Aye Savo not playing for us was odd, although maybe Roddy wanted to play until he scored so it scuppered it, could well have been fucked by then.

Attendence was pretty poor, tbh, Mackays too modest to ever admit he deserved better than that but he really did. I know a lot of Saints fans also attend Scotland games, so it's maybe a case of them flying out to Slovenia and not being able to make it.

Looked like Adam did his hammy early on and then spent the next 10 mins pinging right foot passes everywhere!
Loved Roddy signalling to the bench that he wanted off after 5 mins, only for TW to ignore his request and leave him on till the end.
Thought McCann got right into the spirit, playing Roddy onside constantly and passing to the Saints players more often than he did to his teammates. Gartland also giving away the reckless pen to let CupTie get on the scoresheet. Enjoyed it tonight. El Bak's cross for Moussa's goal though.....10/10.

Anyone notice Kerrs squad number last night? Isn't he number 2 normally? [emoji849]

Good night though. Much more entertaining than the usual affairs

Barry Smith was wearing number 2 for Dundee.