Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Obviously the contact length is a bit of a surprise. However, even after years of the banter page, we are perth etc I'm taken aback at just how negative some of the social media sentiment is. Folk talking about cancelling season tickets.

Steady us. Stay up. Literally all I'm looking for this season. Squads good enough for it.

13 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Obviously the contact length is a bit of a surprise. However, even after years of the banter page, we are perth etc I'm taken aback at just how negative some of the social media sentiment is. Folk talking about cancelling season tickets.

Steady us. Stay up. Literally all I'm looking for this season. Squads good enough for it.

Football fans are the biggest knickerwetters on the planet

Only in relation to football can grown adults have complete breakdowns on a weekly basis. 

It's fine if people don't agree with the manager choice but the exclamations of it'll be a guaranteed disaster are over the top as well. 

It's football, there is no guarantee it'll be a success but there's also no guarantee it'll be a disaster either. Get behind the guy - there is zero point crying about it!

17 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hope you didn’t

Anyone who knows knows. It was always going to be the boring one.

11 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Here if you're looking to make some dough from making your loved ones destitute @tree house tam, if you're a size 10s I will take some of those gutties aff yi. 

Unfortunately one of my laddies is the same size, wee c**t hasn't bought a pair in years! Just comes round with a sad face playing the skint card and more often than not I'll give in. 

Kinda bemused by the level of negativity from many Saints fans. I understand feeling a bit wary about the appointment, but there seems to be real animosity towards Levein. He’s never struck me as the kind of manager/person who would incite feelings of such rage. It’s like everyone has some sort of personal agenda against him. Bizarre.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a decent enough appointment.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Kinda bemused by the level of negativity from many Saints fans. I understand feeling a bit wary about the appointment, but there seems to be real animosity towards Levein. He’s never struck me as the kind of manager/person who would incite feelings of such rage. It’s like everyone has some sort of personal agenda against him. Bizarre.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a decent enough appointment.

As always pretty much, I agree with you. I'm not even that wary though. More than happy to give Levein and Kirk a chance.

I like the balance. Levein has been the course, Kirk is a new voice on the training ground and Cleland has a knowledge of what is already in place.

I think Levein certainly *was* a good manager previously but would be concerned that he hasn’t managed a club in over four years and that two-year spell with Hearts is his only club experience in the last 14 years.

Then again, clearly the names at the top of the list said no and pretty much anyone would give the club a better chance of staying up than MacLean.

The more opinions i read from others, the more convinced i am its the right attempt at sorting the mess out, tbh. A lot of people making a lot of sense.

He also seems to wind a lot of folk up and enjoy it, and im a simple football fan who loves that shit.

7 hours ago, Radford said:

As always pretty much, I agree with you. I'm not even that wary though. More than happy to give Levein and Kirk a chance.

I like the balance. Levein has been the course, Kirk is a new voice on the training ground and Cleland has a knowledge of what is already in place.

BUT FOUR SIX ZERO!!!

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The more opinions i read from others, the more convinced i am its the right attempt at sorting the mess out, tbh. A lot of people making a lot of sense.

He also seems to wind a lot of folk up and enjoy it, and im a simple football fan who loves that shit.

There's definitely something to be said for that. It's funny because I couldn't stick Levein as a manager, he really annoyed me, but I quite like him on the radio and I enjoy his podcast. I wonder if I'll start disliking him again now he's back in the dugout.