Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

43 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Back to being shite at McDiarmid but picking up points away from home it is then. 

Given we've got 3 away games post split, maybe not a bad thing. 

Could do with getting something next week while county play Rangers. 

Will take that today. Absolutely love Sidibeh and hope he just keeps going. 

9 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Well done guys on a fantastic win.

BUT…..is the fact you let Theo go akin to the guy who did not sign Elvis..

Seems Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

For the millionth time, Bair needed to leave us for it to work. He'd been hopeless for us but a fresh start, and some luck with everything going well for him at the start, has given him a launchpad to get going.

Well done to him.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For the millionth time, Bair needed to leave us for it to work. He'd been hopeless for us but a fresh start, and some luck with everything going well for him at the start, has given him a launchpad to get going.

Well done to him.

Why did he need to leave you ? The same guy that is ripping up the league. 

All in honesty not a dig but I cannot remember another player that has had such a conversion.

Still I would rather have two cup wins in one year. A quite phenomenal achievement 👏👏

Just now, welldaft said:

All in honesty not a dig but I cannot remember another player that has had such a conversion.

Still I would rather have two cup wins in one year. A quite phenomenal achievement 👏👏

Because he was completely and utterly hopeless with us. We probably didn’t use him to the best of his ability but when he did play he didn’t show *any* of what you’re seeing from him now, even in flashes that would suggest there was better to come.

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Because mentally he'd already failed with us and he needed the fresh start without that baggage. He was never going to earn regular starts for us as he'd struggled every time he had and even when things had gone for him he then followed it up with a poor performance.

Some players just fit certain clubs, Bair and the St Johnstone we've been lately just didn't work.

4 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Back to being shite at McDiarmid but picking up points away from home it is then. 

Need to use the black kit at home 😂 decent record whilst wearing it, 2 wins 1 defeat I think without checking. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84?si=EQ4TALrkWxHpcwcn

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Could do with getting something next week while county play Rangers. 

Will take that today. Absolutely love Sidibeh and hope he just keeps going. 

If we win and Livi lose, then we are safe from the automotive drop. Don't think anyone thought we'd be doing that pre split when Levein was appointed, so would be quite an achievement. Would likely put us 7 clear of County too. That in itself could possibly be enough. Even if not, that 4 point cushion is massive.

This the table since MacLean was sacked.

Screenshot_20240407_064115_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ade47dbb63af1579d80ea9100a66e5b3.jpg

And this is the table under Levein

Screenshot_20240407_064804_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8f42cd0bbd6372fcf49151146811d799.jpg

Had, and have, reservations about Levein, but this looks good for him. Interested to see how it looks after the split and the potential new owners might make their decision based on that. If they think he'll keep us up comfortably next season then they might give it another year just for that consistency. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, monkfish said:

If we stay up, would people be happy with Keltjens as a starting RB/WB next season? I would say, ideally, no.

Yesterday I found myself questioning a few times how he attracted transfer fees in his past. 

If he was out of his prime position that might partially explain some of it. 

27 minutes ago, monkfish said:

If we stay up, would people be happy with Keltjens as a starting RB/WB next season? I would say, ideally, no.

No.

Was it ever established how long his contract was actually for?

Of the current FB/WB options, Drey Wright is the only one that has any case to be here next season if we are serious about improving.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had, and have, reservations about Levein, but this looks good for him. Interested to see how it looks after the split and the potential new owners might make their decision based on that. If they think he'll keep us up comfortably next season then they might give it another year just for that consistency. 

We are likely to be playing teams who don’t play a high line the way Hibs defence did yesterday and we tend to struggle more against these types of teams. On the plus side though , they are the teams we tend not to lose to so hopefully will see us safe. Still don’t want Levein next season though (or Kirk for that matter) but would he be a better bet that Gus MacPherson upstairs?