Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Anyone looked at post-split fixtures yet? 

We are "due" Aberdeen, County and Hibs at home and Livingston and Motherwell away. However, that would give us 20/18 split and County and Aberdeen have the opposite problem which unfortunately means one of those two fixtures might get reversed. 

Having three away games isn’t the worst thing in the world, imo. 

Aye three away games is fine. They actually would be about perfect if it was Livingston at home and Hibs away I think.

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Ali Crawford coming onto score a late winner against County to seal our safety is the stuff dreams are made of.

Him scoring that double against County after I spent every second of him on the pitch prior to the first goal slagging him off. I was in hospitality, Steve Broon and his wee pals sitting directly behind me shouting to Davidson that the result would keep him in a job for a wee while yet, thinking he was hilarious. 

Yeah, I’m starting to get the feeling Craig Levein is not the tactical genius we all thought he could’ve been. 

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Levein has given the impression he’s doing us a massive favour being our manager since he took over. All just material for his podcast. 

Win win for him really. Keeps us up he's a genius, takes us down the damage was done before he took charge.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Craig Levein Appointed New Manager Of St Johnstone | St Johnstone Football  Club

It's the first time I've seen that photo but questions have to be asked why the offer of employment wasn't withdrawn after he walked in wearing that jumper.

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

That jumper looks like it should have Kickers emblazoned across the chest.

£45 from House of Fraser in 1999.

I think I have a Burberry one like that in a suitcase in the loft from the late 80s early 90s. Navy, grey and white with a big Burberry emblem on the chest. Bought for some stupid price, worn about twice. Next time I see Craig I'll see if he wants it.

5 hours ago, double deluxe said:

Would offer A LOT more than favourite child Kucheriavyi 

In all seriousness in what’s likely to be a few tight matches coming up, Crawford coming on in the last 10 minutes when we need a goal might be worth a go.  

In that situation he’s probably a bigger goal threat than either Connor or Matt Smith, or Kucheriavyi.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

In all seriousness in what’s likely to be a few tight matches coming up, Crawford coming on in the last 10 minutes when we need a goal might be worth a go.  

In that situation he’s probably a bigger goal threat than either Connor or Matt Smith, or Kucheriavyi.

How low have we sunk ..... bringing back Crawford?? 😢

He's played 30 minutes this season, in the Betfred Cup, and just ~150 in the past 12 months. For the entire season he's been aware he's leaving too.

He won't be anywhere near sharp or bothered enough IMO.

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

If you were offered a completely clean slate in the summer, how many of the current squad are you keeping?

Mitov, Sidibeh, Phillips, Franczak (to go on loan). That’s about it.

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

If you were offered a completely clean slate in the summer, how many of the current squad are you keeping?

Mitov, Sidibeh, Phillips, Kimpioka. Could probably make a case for McGowan and Gordon plus Fran to go out on loan to get more experience