Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Zac Rudden , Cammy Kerr and max Anderson Ricki Lamie all available if you want them guys 

You'll need them for your triennel Championship promotion push next season m8.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

He made the point in that you tube interview that he thought he would have got a longer holiday after being away with the international squad, but was brought back in to start pre-season at the same time as everyone else.

If true that he’s now exhausted, this is a fairly significant f**k up by our management. He should have been given an extra week or so to rest and have a break then catch up, same with Max. You want players coming back fresh and raring to go, not feeling like they’ve not had a break.

Ot wouldn’t surprise me if there was a group text went out to the squad telling them when to report for training, and nobody thought about Adama or Max.

Either that or his agent’s getting him to start playing up.

To be fair, if you are a professional nowadays, you shouldn't really need that long off to 'recover'. It's not like back in the day where players went off for 3 months, got fat and pre season was to burn it all off. Players would have been sent away with training schedules etc, so whether Adama and Max had 2,3,4 or 5 weeks off, shouldn't matter too much.

Mentally they might be a bit more knackered, but you can sort that with short breaks during pre season.

Issue might be more that Adama is lacking in base fitness that comes with years of full time training. 

4 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Although I haven’t seen him play loads of times, anytime I saw Max Anderson I thought he was ok. 

He's a shit Ross Callachan.

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

What the actual f**k? 

Why are the socks a different colour? And specifically motherwell colour... 

I guess they can't be excess motherwell stock if they have sjfc in them but still. 

The socks being a totally different colour change it from being a shit but quite acceptably funny away kit to a bit of a joke 

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and look at it with a pair of fresh eyes. On second viewing, it might be my least favourite St Johnstone kit of all-time.

I think it’s better than the maroon BLK one, but not by much.